Serious lore question

So, I was looking at Boss McHorne of the Devil Dogs. I compared her steam armor to other types like Man o War which has a control panel on the chest plate.

This is absent in McHorne. So in the dark timeline that is a Riot Quest, did she lose her arms to Infernals? And if so, are mechanika connectors used to connect with the suit?

It’s not obvious in the photos, but as I recall the Bombardier Bombshell model looked like the armour was designed for her arms to go into the suit arms, similar to the legs. So no, I don’t think she’s lost her arms, I think they are inside the suit controlling the suit arms.

1 Like

Yea I agree with Soul, the Bombshell model suggests that one’s arms do go at least part way into the arms of the suit. It doesn’t look like they go all the way to the end (neither do the legs I think).

edit: I think one of the Khador books, probably the Mk2 Forces book, shows an exploded view of the MoW suit too.

3 Likes

I agree with the people above. Steam armor are kinda like mecha suits rather than full mechas, ie. you wear them rather than pilot them. But, as the suit is larger than the wearer, the suit’s arms and legs are controlled from inside the limbs, so the wearer is in a kind of T-pose.

2 Likes

Oh, I think you’re right, there was a technical diagram in an older PP publication. I’ll try to look it up in the old Khador books later.

2 Likes

The Guts & Gears article on No Quarter #11 (if the internet archives are correct) might be a good place to start the search. I’m almost certain I’ll forget to check it once I get home from work, but I’ll try.

2 Likes

Well, I can’t find my books. Guess they were packed away in the recent move and I am not prepared to go digging through stacks of boxes for them.

1 Like

3 Likes

I see you are basically joysticking at the knees and elbows.

1 Like

Thank you. I am glad I didn’t have to go dig that up. :smile:

2 Likes

Sweet, thank you! Was it in the Forces book?

1 Like

Yup. Which is one reason why I could never accept Bastions: their armour was not powered armour, yet they were the same size (ish, maybe even bigger for all I know) as MOW, which just doesn’t make sense from an anatomical perspective. What are they, Ogruns?

1 Like

It’s not the size of Bastions that bothered me - I mean, they could just all be very big men - but the measurements, e.g. shoulder width. Does the Protectorate secretly hire the services of some Cephalyx surgeons?

2 Likes

No quarter 11, like someone above said. Helped me to find it easily!

2 Likes