So yeah..... Soupjack(s)

so i got assigned by Sir gimps a lot from the IKRPG discord to creat a new steamjack, the Soupjack, so i come here because my girlfrend is helping me, so she made early shketchs from the two ideas we had and i liked them both, so wich one do you all want me to work on first?

Heavy(A) or light(B)
Sketch and art will be made by @JuliaGMA
The rules and stats will be made for IKRPG FMF/Unleashed(2D6), no i do not have enough familiarity to make stats for 5E

5 Likes

We already have 4 abilities forthe heavy and 3 for the light, small spoier

2 Likes

Looking at the second sketch I would really like to see the heavy version :slightly_smiling_face:.

So what is the purpose of “Soup Jacks”? I mean, having a horse-drawn carriage with soup should be much more effective in almost all situations.

Unless we are talking about bringing soup to trenchers in the middle of a days-long stalemate? Do soup jacks have thrusters to navigate trenches? Do they have pathfinder?

1 Like

At this point in design the one with arms is the heavy version, so a vote for heavy.

Pretty much, trenches, mines unhospitable places(like food too close to a troll or dire troll).
Who knows if it has pathfinder, but its a good point it will probably get it now, since the ideai in the lore is that this is a gobber jack, all i can say is that it will look jurry rigged(at least should)

2 Likes

Cool, I vote for the heavy.

2 Likes

Design notes at the moent they both have pathfinder, and Hot meal (when a livng character B2B with the soupjock regain vitality, it regains an extra pointof vitalty per rank in craft(coocking) the jack controler has), Confort meal (a friendly living warbeast B2B with a soupjack casuse a fast actin to remove a point of fury) and Drain the pot (friendly living warbrast can use a fast action to regain 3D3 vitality, this hability cannotbe used again untill you prepare a new soup) andcharacters gain +2 tocraft(coocking) tests while B2B witjh a soupjack.
And the heavy additionaly has Special delivery (a heavy soupjack with a non crippled open fist can make a ranged attack with the pot, its RNG is equal to the jacks STR, has an AoE of 3" and a POW of 14 this attack only deals damage to living characters, the character directly hit suffers blind for a rond, and all characters hit suffer oil (fire damage rolls that affect this character are boosted)) for D3 rounds, after aking this attack the soupjack loses this special rule, hot meal , confort meal and drain the pot untill the pot is retrived or replaced and a new soup s prepared).

2 Likes

So what is the purpose of “Soup Jacks”?

There was that day a customer came to the mechanik and told them they wanted to get their 'jack souped up. The dream was born then and there.

I like the first three rules (Drain the Pot should probably take a full action though, not a fast action, or require the beast to forfeit its movement or action), but I think the Special Delivery ability doesn’t quite fit. First of all, soup is always less hot than fire, so why is the damage higher? Also, even a really fatty soup wouldn’t easily catch on fire, so I don’t see the oil rule here.

How about a “delicious” rule instead that makes the target of the Special Delivery the default target for frenzying warbeasts, no matter what other targets present themselves, and grants all living beasts +3" charge range when charging the target of the Special Delivery (it just smells so good, after all…), as well as +2 to bite attack rolls? :slight_smile:

That would be because of the pot impact

Thats a great idea, i probably will chage to something similar

Heavy soupjack ilustration has started

3 Likes

Update on the artwork

3 Likes

So yeah my girlfrend started the digitalization

2 Likes

If you ever made pins I’d buy one, this is delightful!

2 Likes

A stirring update of a certainty!

1 Like

Heavy soupjack update, now has a gobber cook

3 Likes

New update

4 Likes

The dire troll poking the steam vent is so great!

2 Likes

So she finished base colors

5 Likes

(Heavy) soupjack ready
Artists instagram: Julia Gma Art on Instagram: "Soupjack! 🍲🥣 pt-br: Cena baseada no universo de Reinos de Ferro, um excelente RPG com temática steampunk-fantástica. Conceito do personagem central, Soupjack, por @gabriel.justi.5 eng: Scene based on the Iron Kingdoms universe, an excellent RPG with a steampunk-fantasy theme. Concept of the central character, Soupjack, by @gabriel.justi.5"

8 Likes

It’s adorable! I love the attention to little details.

2 Likes