Last Chance Sale and Cephalyx

Cephalyx is scheduled for their MK4 army in July. This has been confirmed by PP. All MK4 Prime Legacy armies are to be balanced for use in the Prime format. PP has announced that Cephalyx will be gaining an additional caster in MK4. In every edition of Warmachine that has included Cephalyx, the Cephalyx Dominator has allowed the inclusion of non-cephalyx units into the lists.

The Cephalyx army would include 3 caster options, 3 unit options (4 if Gaspy 4 is included), 3 solo options, and 3 Monstrosity options. Cephalyx is drastically under staffed compared to other MK4 armies, with a built-in method to add diversity to the list. If someone is a fan of Cephalyx (as difficult to grasp as that may be), that person has an outsized chance of receiving previously released units from the Mercenary Faction, and the Cryx faction that would not normally be associated with this army. The only request that is being made is for PP to inform us if that is going to happen, so that we can buy those models before they disappear from stores like so many other models/units have already

Actually, I seem to recall a 3rd caster being confirmed but not it’s origin. I might be assuming it’s a Cryx caster but maybe Dr Stigious will get a field promotion.

1 Like

“balanced” is a lose term. The new armies are far superior to the old ones.

Cephalyx might be getting a “new” caster but it will be something recycled from another faction. Privateer Press has been vocal about not adding anything new to existing legacy armies beyond what was released during Mkiii

1 Like

I think you’re going to have to cite your sources for that claim. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

None of this is about freshly manufactured, unreleased models being added to the army. If it were, I wouldn’t have to ask what those models were. They wouldn’t be disappearing from the stores.

I am specifically asking about MK3 models from other armies included in Cephalyx to expand their options. If they allow jacks/solos/casters/units from Cryx or anywhere else, the availability of those models matters. I don’t know why fact-checking or doubting this request is so popular. As a fan of the faction, I am motivated to stay up to date on the release schedule

1 Like

And at what level of play! I’m a super casual player who only does small games. What’s “broken” for me isn’t the same as an advanced player doing a big game. Fighting games have similar balance issues.

1 Like

The model list was shared now, making buying stuff much easier.

What Merc models do you see yourself buying? I honestly do not see much interesting stuff, maybe the Cannon Crew and Mortar Crew, and perhaps the Arcanist Corps.

Two questions for PP if anyone is watching:

1. Will Mobius be include as he is a Bloat Thrall too, or was he excluded on purpose?
  2. Will Morty2 be able to control only Monstrosities, only Cryx Jacks (if so, which), or both?
1 Like

Also, what are the FAs on them as that will be big too.

I think it is not wrong to assume a Mk3 FA , and FA: 4 for the monstrosities

Since Cryx jacks aren’t listed I think it’s safe to assume that she will be controlling Monstrosities

I ended up getting the Steelhead Halberdiers/Riflemen box from PP’s store with the discount and all. The kit originally gives you ten bodies, with enough alternate heads and arms to make either unit at 10 men. With the game now doing 5 man squads instead, I now have a 5-man unit of both Halberdiers AND Riflemen. Each just ready for a Dominator! :slight_smile:

Hello Vlad,

A few answers:

1. Sorry, no Mobius. It was a slippery slope with what to include from Cryx, but we erred on minimal selections to keep the emphasis on the Cephalyx. It was really tempting to add several other options that fit the theme, but they started competing too directly with other elements, and the list of available selections was getting bloated.

2. No Cryx jacks for similar reasons as stated for question 1. Goal was to maintain feel of a Cephalyx force, not to allow a Cryx force by a different name.

-Erik

2 Likes

Hi Erik

Thanks a lot for the input and clarification. It absolutely makes sense and I understand the decision, also for example to not include Gaspy4 like in Mk3, as he definitively does feel more like a CoC then a Cryx or Cephalyx model.

Any chance you could tease the draft Dominator rules? Would be the last piece of info to finalize my Cephalyx related Merc purchases :wink:

1 Like

Our teases are really controlled these days, so I can’t give much. The best things I can offer are insight on decision making and clarifications, but I can toe the line a little…

The Dominator has a generic suite of abilities that are general enough to benefit any unit while also offering it some independant utility.

I can also offer a little production insight:

Knowing that the casting department would have to be dismantled and prepped for sale during the move, we generated a list of common support models to preemptively stock up on. The Dominator and Agitator were amongst them.

When we got notice that the deadline was set for breakdown of casting equipment we issued a final courtesy warning to the public. The first 24 hours after that announcement we saw about 1/3 of what we produced of support models evaporate under the barrage of orders for thousands of minis. We haven’t chewed through the mountain of invoices yet as we tried to devote as much attention to casting spot-fills as possible, but so far the supply of those models is holding. My hope is they’ll hold at least until the army is officially put on the app.

If I was hypothetically anticipating playing Cephalyx, and I wanted to be certain I had essential models that were at risk of selling out, I would ensure I had three Agitators and at least two Dominators for unit options… A Dr. stygius couldn’t hurt either.

-Erik

3 Likes

Hi Erik

Thanks a lot for the input! Happy to say all support models have been secured!

1 Like

My vacation to California and Washington ate up my fun money for a while so I shan’t be jumping on. Ah well :frowning:

To my fellow creepy-crawler players? May your brains be luscious and test subjects plentiful.

This should make some people in this thread happy:

JULY MINICRATE — CEPHALYX DOMINATRIX

Based on the Mercenary Cephalyx Dominator

Update your apps!

The Cephy and friends update is up!

1 Like

Okay, I made some choices and placed a nice order with PP tonight. I’m looking forward to enjoying my creepy crawlies! Missed Monte but that’s okay.

1 Like

So, any theory crafting on how to play the Cephy this go around? Or at least a very basic, “dummies” version? I’m guessing they’re still tricksy with no straightforward/simple way to play them?