Disagreement on unit charges and walls

Hey everyone I had a game against a new opponent and he argued with me on how units charge and interact with walls, specifically magic walls of fire, razor etc. I am fairly convinced i am correct but couldnt find a clear definition to give him so i wanted to ask all of you if i am right or if I have been accidentally cheating.

First, when a unit such as stormguard successfully charge and all the models are placed withing 2" of the moving model, my understanding is that all of the models are treated as charging either the single model or the unit as long as they have a target to hit. Is this correct or was he right that only the initial model gets the charge bonus?

Second, using the same stormguard unit as the example, if the initial model moves through a wall of fire, razor wall etc. and is destroyed by the damage the other models in the unit do not advance, is that correct?

I simply do not wish to be an inadvertent cheater nor give the wrong information to my growing warmachine group so any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

If one model in a unit makes a successful Charge, then every model in the unit gets the Charge attack bonus against the Charge target.

If the moving model dies for some reason during the March, then you choose another model in the unit to move instead and start over with whatever movement you choose.

2 Likes

Thank you sir, that is exactly what i figured but for some reason my blasted brain wouldnt process the rule into speech.

1 Like

Glad to be of assistance.

1 Like

All of the units gets Charge bonus against every model that are in melee range with the Charging model

So if you charge a unit, and your charging model is in melee range with 3 model, you get the charge bonus on those 3

1 Like

Thanks man, thats what everyone agrees with so i did it right. My brain just refused to put it into propper words for my opponents.

1 Like

Note, this extends to include the target unit as well. So long as models placed as part of the charging unit movement are targeting models in the same unit as the charge target, they get the bonus as well

1 Like

EDIT: my bad, yes you are right, you get the charge bonus on the whole unit

1 Like

Re : Charging units

Note that the charge bonus targets are determined at the end of the charge movement of the moving model. So if the target moves away, you still get charge bonus with other members against that model.
Also if the moving model ha Side Step or similar rule, after taking his Side Step, the charge Bonus will not transfer over to any new models / units that he has not previously engaged.

1 Like