Command Card: "Labyrinth" question

For the Command Card “Labyrinth” while using ‘The Wanderer’ does the second part of the card allow you to place 1 model X"s per road marker or place X models 1" per road maker?

Second part of the Command Card reads: “If you Leader is the Wanderer, you can also immediately place one model in his battlegroup completely within 1” of its current location for each road marker in play."

1 model within X" for each road marker in play. If it was multiple models it would read something like “If your Leader is the Wanderer, for each road marker in play you can also immediately place one model in his battlegroup completely within 1” of its current location"

Thank you, is this an official ruling? I asked in the facebook group and it went around and around, I was told to ask here for an “Official Ruling” but I don’t know who makes those or how they are present and or memorialized. Maybe a re-wording of the current text: “If you Leader is the Wanderer, select one model in his battle group. That model can also immediately be placed completely within 1” of its current location for each road marker in play.” My thoughts to help clear this up.

I’m not an Infernal, but in my experience with 12ish years of PP games that’s the formatting they generally use for these kinds rules. If an Infernal comes in with a different ruling than I will correct my statement.

1 Like

Sounds good, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Couple things:

Official rulings will come from two sources: either Privateer Press staff members, whose names (except for Matt Wilson) are prefixed with “PPS_”, or Travis Marg a.k.a. Dark Legacy, one of the rules Infernals. Infernals are volunteers/staff (I haven’t asked about whether there’s a paycheck involved, honestly) empowered to make official rulings online and/or at official events.

Generally, the rest of us are pretty good at figuring out the answers, and generally, a thread that runs its course without serious rules counter-argument or disagreements indicates that the correct answer was provided, or the thread slipped through the cracks and an Infernal never saw it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll try to come back later and include the full rules quotes and citations that explain why this works in its particular way.

Sounds good, thank you again. This item come up in a match and I read it as place X models 1" per marker my opponent read it as place 1 model X’s so we rolled off and he won the roll. I guess the good news is, it sounds like we played it right :slight_smile: