Variant Warjack poses?

Ah, I guess I fit in to the subset you don’t envision. There are definitely jacks I want full FA of. I was hoping to have 2 and 2 of just the great bear chassis, with enough weapons to heavily overlap between all 4 (say I wanted all to have shields and the aggressive head). Looks like I’d be buying $40 more in chassis than I need to make that happen with them just selling alt chassis and no weapons or head. I may just be avoiding these variants for now then, as I don’t seem to be the target audience

1 Like

I thought about mentioning that possibility too. You always have to take into account the ROI for their effort. The MK IV product strategy seems to be to keep the retail/potential retail SKUs as low as possible, and potentially doubling/tripling the warjack kits for each faction doesn’t fit with that.

I would suggest getting the spare body at least for the character jack upgrades. :slightly_smiling_face: That’s a situation where it always makes perfect sense!

Character jacks certainly seem to be what these are intended for :slightly_smiling_face: I fear they won’t get the interest they need to continue providing alt poses if that’s all they intend

Very much looking forward to the Eidolon, I’ve ended up with 3 of each jack so far, but I’ve not run more than 2 of a particular jack so far (admittedly in my very limited number of games so far). But I can see people doing that.
I’ll be grabbing one so when i do run 2 jacks of the same loadout they look different :slight_smile:

That was my first thought, too. 20 bucks for a heavy chassis seems reasonably priced if you have the weapons available, or purchase a character upgrade kit.

I think getting three “variant A” heavies and one “variant B” and turning one variant A into a character gives the best amount of variety without having to buy extra heavy jack kits just for the weapons. But if you want a fourth jack of the same chassis and same weapons loadout, it’d have to be another A instead of a B.

I guess you could buy another variant B, arm it with the weapons from the variant A box, and try to sell the spare variant A chassis to another player who just wants the character jack.

(Ideally, PP would make four variants of each FA4 jack, but no-one probably expects that to happen.)

1 Like

a more grounded solution would be have the jacks be posable, but that would incurr other problems

1 Like

With the arms separate and able to twist on an axis, what would posing even mean? Elbows?

Personally I am fine with no arms included if it gets a cheaper price. Lets us use it for characters or a cheap extra warjack using unused arms from other jacks.

1 Like

I can think of two ways one doable and one insane, keep in mind both have disadvantages on the assembling and production
For example torso in 3 pieces, torax, midle section and hips, arms in 2-3 pieces upper, lower and whem applicable hand, and legs separated from the body dividade in thighs, calf and feet.
The other is going full blown high end military model vehicle and have almost all the parts separated pieces dso you could assemble the body the way you want, with far less janky positionong of pieces
But i was just spitballing, i Know(hope) PP explored those options and chose the most cost effective

1 Like

The Tyrant is next alt sculpt.

3 Likes

Actually just released today!

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up!!

2 Likes

The Eidolon is up on the store now!

2 Likes

Just to sense check, Khador is the only original faction not yet released?

Was going to put a pp store order in, maybe should wait until it appears.
$20 plus a medvista seems pretty good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hopefully we’ll get both Great bears and Dire wolves.

Great bear just dropped!

3 Likes

Fantastic! Thanks for updating this thread!

1 Like

That was well timed for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anyone know if we are getting a dire wolf alternate chassis?

The answer would seem to be, based on current trends, “Not until and unless there’s a character jack on that chassis.” :slight_smile:

(And, naturally, the unspoken “If the existing ones sell well enough to justify the cost.” So…go buy one if you want to increase the odds of it happening. :smiley: )

1 Like

Nothing has been confirmed.

2 Likes