Variant Warjack poses?

A lot of how popular they will be depends on when they are available, compared to faction release. If it is a long time after, someone gets as many jacks as they need prior is likely, which decreases the need and desire for them. If it is closer to release, when someone is building up their forces still, they are more likely to get one.

1 Like

Well if they happen for Brinebloods I’ll definitely be grabbing at least two to add some variety to my lists, 3 if I like it more than the base sculpt. Same for any future Armies I pick up. Hopefully others feel similarly with this first wave.

1 Like

I’m definitely on board for at least one Medveditsa! :slight_smile:

I guess we’ll have to see what other character jacks the future holds!

I’m definitely on board for Khador alt poses, been holding out for them actually. The fact that they may only be a month away has me psyched

This is great news. If this really takes off we are going to have some really great options for our warjacks and warbeasts going forward! 3d Printing is truly the way forward!

1 Like

Can we get previews of the alternate sculpts?

I feel like odds are low that anybody from Privateer is going to be able to respond on here this week. :slight_smile:

I guess watch the Facebook/etc. GenCon news?

It would be cool if PP could release narrative rules to make your own character jacks alongside the alternate sculpts. Similar to the current rules for the General etc.

1 Like

If you can get the old MKI and MK2 books, they had rules for doing that with Warjacks and Warbeasts. They could get different quirks after being in several battles.

Anyone heard of any updates?

They’re on the schedule for September or October, I believe. Source: I forget!

There was a screenshot going around from Facebook I believe of Matt confirming that they’re almost ready.

I agree that we need alternate poses and am looking forward to seeing some. Positioning a warjack in MkII/MkIII was one of my favorite hobby elements during the assembly phase. Now I’m stuck with what feel like are vanilla choices - the only thing differentiating my models from the guy next to me is my color scheme.

1 Like

We need renders yo or images of the alts yo!

3 Likes

They started to launch, stryker alt pose has been added today to the store

1 Like

This is great! Time to go shopping! Thanks for pointing it out!

FYI, here’s exactly what was said in the Facebook announcement:

Any news on whether they will sell versions with loadouts in the kit? I’m hoping we don’t have to buy more chassis than we need just to have variants and weapons for max FA…

I think the plan is just to sell the torsos, but I suppose that could change (or I could be wrong)

To the best of my knowledge, they’re only selling the variant poses, and they have no plans to include weapons with the variant chassis.

Which, as I see it, is perfectly okay. I don’t think you want max FA of a lot of things in this edition, esepcially not very expensive warjacks. Also, unless you’re building multiple jacks with the exact same loadouts, I think you’re going to have plenty of spare heads and arms as-is.

I think you’d need to have a highly specific army build in mind to take 4x identical jacks* in a list, and I also think that if you’re the type of player who’d want to do that, then you’re probably also the same type of player who wouldn’t care if they bought 4 kits already and spent an extra $20 to get a different body.

Just the way I see it, though. :slight_smile:

* Or 4x jacks with heavily-overlapping loadouts, so that all the spares in the default kits didn’t cover you

1 Like