Variant Warjack poses?

Hello! I love the new Warjacks! As long as the resin being used is the dark gray mix, the prints come out great with tons of detail, minimal support trimming, and solid models. The new pre-installed magnet holes are of course fantastic and something I really wish I had in Warcaster!

That said, the fact that every warjack is single monopose is starting to take its toll on me just like it has for me in warcaster. Since the new warjacks are 3d printed, and rumor has it printed to order, do you think it would be possible for Privateer Press to offer variant poses on the website?

Better yet, has anyone heard any news to that effect? I just heard from another thread on another forum that Warcaster has already been announced to go to 3d printing (AWESOME!): perhaps there has been some announcement of variant poses as well?

Thanks!

Variant poses are something we have considered for the future but do not currently have on the schedule. For now we have tried to provide as much variation as possible in the arm position to create variety in the poses, though we realize there are limitations to that.

4 Likes

An Insider article from February indicated that ā€œheavy warjack chassis (bodies) without weapons [will be] online by May, including an alternate pose if you want to change things up a bit.ā€

Standalone warjacks with weapons are now available, so Iā€™m not sure where the weapon-less chassis are on the roadmap now, but it does seem like May was the original target for the variant sculpts. Have they fallen off the schedule entirely?

2 Likes

Do you not know of the insider post that said variant heavy jack chassis would be coming next month haha.

1 Like

By now, we should all be aware that Insider posts represent the state of things as of when the post was made. :slight_smile: That is not a disparaging Internet snark comment, but a statement of fact.

Warjack alternate sculpts were on the menu as of February 14 or so. Things might have changed since then.

Everybody at Privateer has been ridiculously transparent regarding delays or other difficulties. Justā€¦relax. Matt did not say ā€œNever gonna happenā€, he just said ā€œNot on the schedule right now.ā€

1 Like

Once theyā€™re on the schedule, Iā€™ll be first in line for a Great Bear and Dire Wolf! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, I have to confess that I made a blunder here, and the alternate poses for the warjacks completely fell off my radar. I do recall now starting some preliminary discussions on those back when that Insider was written and then somewhere along the way, something else swept up our attention and we collectively went, ā€œSquirrel!ā€ and then these didnā€™t end up making it onto our schedule. So, mistakes were made and thatā€™s 100% on me, both for not solidifying that plan on our schedule two months ago and for forgetting about it most recently. But I donā€™t like to let that kind of mistake go uncorrected. So, please give us a few weeks and I think we might still be able to make good on that target by the end of May (or at least close to it). Apologies for the gaffe and any confusion or consternation it has caused. Iā€™m glad to know there is some demand for these and appreciate the nudge back on track. Weā€™ll get it fixed. Please stand by!

18 Likes

I was plannimg to use them for the character jacks in my armies
Glad to here something may happen

1 Like

If it makes you feel any better I prefer monopose. The whole wysiwyg / multi-pose style gets overwhelming for my middle aged, tired brain!

1 Like

I think alternate standalone chasis (and body, for beasts in the future) make a great addition. If they are not so much expensive, they allow to expand your jack options, using the heads/weapons for the main kit, and ā€œforcingā€ you to think on 2 combos with options that could be overshadowed when you have only a body.

Itā€™s one of those things that take smart advantage of the modular/magnet engineering.

Seeing more jacks on the table is great :wink: so I hope they sort it out.

Also, in the future it makes a nice addition for Armies that are ā€œclosedā€, like a variant sculpt, so players have something they may want to buy if they are building on bigger lists or add diversity to their armies.

2 Likes

Definitely. Mk4 includes a lot of jacks on the table and making that more interesting is a great idea.

It has been revealed that it was simply forgotten.

There is a lot of solid information here, thanks for the preview! I hope 3d printing makes all of these possibilities cost effective for the company!

Quick update on this:

Sculpts for the alternate poses have been done for quite some time but production priority has been going to getting caught up on the release schedule and upcoming Gen Con needs.

However, it look like we should be in a good position to have them available by the time (if not well before) the Character Warjack kits ship, possibly even as soon as mid-August.

Thank you for your patience!

Matt Wilson

13 Likes

Awesome! Is this something you think youā€™ll continue with other armies in the future or just for the first release wave?

Specifically I suppose Iā€™m really asking if Brinebloods will get an alternate Deepbourne torso, but I am curious whether or not this will be a regular thing in the future.

The straight answer is that it depends on how they are received. If itā€™s something that a lot of folks end up wanting, then weā€™d certainly make it a trend. If it doesnā€™t end up being a popular thing, then weā€™d likely redirect that effort elsewhere and let variant poses be a ā€˜hobbyā€™ thing. Iā€™m rooting for the former, though, so weā€™ll see how it goes!

Thanks!

4 Likes

So does that mean Character Warjacks are after mid-august? Have they moved to September?

Also when can we see some renders!!

Great to see the update! I for one have been holding off on extra jacks so I could get 2 and 2 of each chassis. Excited to see when they land!

1 Like

Iā€™m excited to see these new sculpts! I plan on using the new sculpt for the char jack!

As a Trollblood player returning from MK2 who has preordered the Brineblood marauders army box, Admiral Boomhowler, Character upgrade kit and additional Deepborn Dire Troll this is great to hear.

I played mainly all beast lists, with dire trolls being a favourite with Epic Doomshaper.

I was concerned that to go beast heavy would result in a army that looks all too uniform for the beasts and monsters they represent. I have a spare metal mauler and blitzer I was intending on converting with some of the additional parts so I had fixed builds of deepborn, each with a distinctive look.

Personally I think alternative torsos/chassis is the way to go. Sold seperately for a reduced price to combine with a standard deepborn kit would be much appreciated by the hobbyist in me.

3 Likes