Unfounded Brineblood Marauder speculation

I wonder if firequill is gonna have a bunch of attacks, or be like Mr cloggs where he can swap out his main weapon type

When did the Deepborne lose knockdown on his net? Did PP just change it? I don’t see any logs in the release notes…

It still shows the quake rule for me?

Yea I’m still seeing Quake as well.

I’m 100% certain the crab net had knockdown instead of quake when the rules were first released.

Oh I think you’re right, but that has the weird effect of knocking down on an indirect hit so it needed to change

1 Like

I really don’t like that they didn’t mention that in the change logs.

yea that’s unfortunate. I think the update might have accidentally been pushed early considering it went out before 9AM PST, the two Legacy armies are very broken, and there’s no Insider yet. So hopefully when they fix all that they’ll include this change.

Very much seconding that that needed to change

Hrmmm… perhaps. Very suspicious that they take pre-orders for a model with a really strong attack and then nerf it without telling anyone. But, things do get overlooked now and then… I will let it slide… THIS time.
fry-face-close-up suspicious

And, yeah, the change was probably needed. Auto-knockdown on a heavy warbeast’s AOE attack is a bit… much.

I played my first game with BBM on Tuesday night and I am impressed so far, so many options in game… it’s going to be something that gets me deep in the tank

I also didn’t see Flashing Blade on Boomhowler. Removed?

1 Like

They switched it for storm rager some point betwen the article and the release on the app

1 Like

Got my preview box today and I’m really impressed. The detail is great, they don’t feel particularly fragile (I am not willing to recreate that bend test video lol). Couple places on curves where layer lines become a bit more apparent but I’m not sure how obvious they’ll be after priming. Pumped to get them painted up.

1 Like

That’s good. I’ve seen them in person, too, lots of detail, waiting until main box to pick up mine. if any of the rest of the units have the quality of boomhowler, i’d be happy, too.

On the main box, does anyone know if the marauder crew is a 4/6 multi wound unit, like champions, or a 6/10 single wound unit, like kriel warriors? If they’re multi wound, it makes boomhowler’s feat soo much more useful. Also, it makes them seem lore like a “pistol+weapon master sword” sort of attacker, which is a lot more

I suspect they may be multi wound if the model count stated in the first wave box is any where near accurate. That’s
1 Warlock
2 beasts
2 of 5-model units (marauder crew) (10 models total)
1 of 3-model unit (galleys crew)
1 of 5- model unit (pyg boarding crew)
3 of solos or ua’s
22 models total

1 Like

Got mine a couple days ago. Very happy with the change to the resin forumla, these dark grey minis are a lot less brittle than the first run of 3D printed stuff they did for Cygnar and Orgoth.

Unfortunately, the layering lines are still… not great. This picture (which is has some grey primer on it) is a pretty good example. I will try to sand some of this down, I guess, but other parts of the models have these lines all over them and sanding is really not an option. Still, it’s not horrible. PP is improving, slowly but surely.

I noticed those lines on that head and on the Deepbourne arm. Definitely not perfect, but I think whether they’re better or worse than mold lines on the legacy models is probably a matter of personal taste. Agree though, really cool to see PP continuing to improve.

If they have any more blimp units (like a blimp solo 50m ace to go with the squadron and the 80mm base) i think i might be sold

They didnt have the full range revealed yet so it is possible that there is a blimp solo(not the 80 mm), i wouldnt bet on it though given the other revealed factions

Either way, still looking forward to the rules. soonish?

well the new rules are up! check out war room if you haven’t!

liking the marauder crew, the choice of melee or range ua’s makes this basically 2 unit choices in one, the ranged seeming better under firequill, the melee under boomhowler.

the pyg boarding crew seems designed to annoy low mat armies and even many decent mat units, mat 7 living models need an 8 to hit them

then the surgeon and galley crew ad some healing/beast support to finish it off, until the expansion at least.

2 Likes