Arcane Synthesis: weekly content for Warcaster

Hello,
Here I will put weekly updates from Arcane Synthesis: which aims to keep a steady stream of community written content and keep the discussion going.

Feel free to post thoughts and responses here. I have held off advertising here because I don’t want to spam the board, and also not sure how many people here are already seeing my posts on discord and Facebook.

Most of Arcane Synthesis is not written by me, but from people who want to share something related to this game and world. If you have something exciting you want to write, let me know and I’d love to have you on board.

The full list of recent articles is here

9 Likes

Latest article was a sensational short story sent to me through Facebook. I loved it and hope you do too: it’s messy politically and underhanded in the way the best warcaster fiction is.

In a world of political intrigue on the planet Bilayel, a skilled sniper named Kelt is tasked with unmasking a traitor

6 Likes

Thanks need some WNM simulation

1 Like

That was VERY good! I thoroughly enjoyed it!

2 Likes

Arcane Synthesis presents a new skirmish scenario from the Vancouver play group: designed for pendulum style play, it has a nice balance between careful defensive play and big, bombastic end runs.

3 Likes

This week on Arcane Synthesis: analysing links between the new War Machine Khymera faction, and the unannounced “Faction 6” for Warcaster Neo Mechanika. Interestingly the ‘Omens’ prophecy for Warcaster could also be a nod to the Omen of Everblight herself - Saeryn - who slipped through a portal at Hengehold and could be making her own dragons now. What do you think?

2 Likes

Very clever thought :thinking:. I am not convinced that the double logo is something else than the two armies of the faction. However the parallels between “omens” and “the omen of Everblight” is striking.

I so much wish this is true and faction 6 is a scify alien dragon mix faction!

I have had a similar thought, though in the new warmachine lore they described her as fizzling like water upon molten material when she attempted to enter the gate, and her consciousness is definitely in the athanc on caen in some capacity. I could see it as an au or potentially copied consciousness sort of situation

Arcane Synthesis presents more characters from the Iron Kingdoms who have lived on in Warcaster: Neo Mechanika. Are there any I missed? Any other leads on who Rennova could be?

2 Likes

I completely ignored Iron Mother and Zaateroth up until now. I really wonder what happened to them.

Their case is a weird one, as you describe, they are “seemingly floating in space at a different location to other refugees”. So does that mean void gates are able to change their connecting gates? Or even teleport to locations without a gate? Is this even canon or what happened there?

Hmm, I didn’t think of the logistics of void gates. While they can shift connections, humans can’t generally control them: and have caused huge damage when trying. The convergence maybe could control their gate, since it was built by them and may be modified from most gates.

I don’t remember if iron mother and Zaateroth (and a giant Horror that I ignored for brevity) exited through a gate. From the fluff of portable void gates: they are required more for controlling and making gate travel safe, implying you can travel without a destination gate but could end lost in the void. Maybe drifting in the void is their fate.

Or they might have exited through an unmentioned gate at the fringes of Cyriss galaxy, have coexisted for 5 millennia and now be returning with their clockwork-infernal horror hybrid faction for revenge.

Pretty sure it is the two armies in the logo. Saeryn side appears like it will be more mechanical.
Although its still entirely possible the are faction 6. I dont think the logo is indication one way or the other.

1 Like

Indulge me as I celebrate a year of Arcane Synthesis, reflect on my favourite articles and what is to come in the future. Would love you to join me for another 4,999 years

2 Likes

Long overdue, because the Empyreans have so much depth! A faction guide for the squiddy masters of the universe, brings us to having a summary of all (current) factions.

Have also stealthily gone in and edited a few articles where I referenced all the faction guides to add Empyreans alongside.

Any other tricks I missed for the Empyreans?

2 Likes

Even though nobody in my play group owns them, I really enjoyed reading up on the Empyrean. Thanks for the high quality content. I really wish my conscience would allow me to buy another faction… let’s see how fast I can paint.

1 Like

Dive into how to play with and against the game’s deepest and most potent model: the Divine Tempest. What is your most exciting Divine Tempest play? Any tricks I missed?

3 Likes

Love the guide, thank you! I have yet to paint my Divine Tempest, but after reading the guide I am very much looking forward to it!

1 Like

Warcaster dice system - taking a practical perspective with real scenarios to explain how Warcaster’s dice spike so hard. What is your most implausibly heroic attack?

2 Likes

A team of Wild Card assassins corners the Divine Tempest that has corrupted their world. This Narrative Battle report plays through the “Shooting the Storm” scenario.

3 Likes

We all want more players - here is some guidance for those who want to run an exciting demo game and build their community. Are there any good tips I missed?

2 Likes