Wild Card Month at Arcane Synthesis

Arcane Synthesis is celebrating wild cards in June, with 4 articles planned about your favourite rogues, lone wolves and traitors.

First up is a Top 5 tier list & Tactica for all wild cards, and comparison with the Facebook community poll. Also sorry in advance to Marchers… I definitely wrote this as someone closer to civilisation. How did I go? Did I miss anything?

What else would you like to hear about Wild Cards?

7 Likes

In honour of pirates everywhere, a translated Wanted poster for Jax Redblade to celebrate Wildcard Month. My first translation effort, this is different to the familar font I had from backers - although it is similar shape to English if you squint a bit.

WANTED
FOR PIRACY LOOTING MURDER
JAX REDBLADE
THE NOTORIOUS PIRATE
Redblade Is Wanted For Crimes Against The Iron Star Alliance Including Piracy Pillage Looting Wanton Destruction Hijacking Extortion And Murder Redblade Is A Known Operative Of The Coalition Of Free States And The Aeternus Continuum Approach With Extreme Caution If You Have Any Information Regarding To The Whereabouts Of This Fugitive And Cutthroat Please Contact The Nearest Regional Justicars Office
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

3 Likes

Another wanted poster to celebrate Wildcard month at Arcane Synthesis. I expect Harlan Sek would love the notoriety: the sort to collect his wanted posters and take pride in higher rewards offered. Good advertising for a hired smuggler!
Translation

WANTED
FOR WAR PROFITEERING LOOTING AND SMUGGLING
HARLAN SEK
THE NOTORIOUS SMUGGLER

Sek Is Wanted For Crimes Against The Iron Star Alliance Including Smuggling Looting War Profiteering Conspiracy Murder And Treason Against Humanity
Sek Is A Known Operative Of The Aeternus Continuum And The Empyrean Menace Approach With Extreme Caution Sek Is Known To Truck With Inhuman Aliens And To Possess Dangerous And Unlicensed Protoworlder Technologies
If You Have Any Information Regarding To The Whereabouts Of This
Fugitive And Cutthroat Please Contact The Nearest Regional Justicars Office
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

2 Likes

Arcane Synthesis, and various community members, present the Rogues Gallery: community colour schemes for each wildcard. Some beautiful miniatures here, and want to thank those who contributed. I hope this can inspire others to take up these wild wildcard colours.

Wildcard month will continue next week, with a desperate dirty dozen style scenario that can only be trusted to wild cards.

2 Likes

Continuing to send love to our wildcards, a never before seen Wanted poster for the queen of Cyriss: the Quartermaster. I have a learned a lot about the languages and runes in the Thousand Worlds book, one of which is used almost exclusively on these Wanted posters

Wanted
For Theft smuggling espionage
QUARTERMASTER
The Arms Smuggler
Quartermaster Is Wanted For Crimes Against The Iron Star
Alliance Including Theft Smuggling And Espionage. She Has
Been Seen Working For All Enemies Of The Alliance, Trading
Weapons With Them, And Showing No Loyalty To Even
Her Own Humanity. A Merciless Shot She Has Alliance
Officer Id And Is Adept At Using It To Enter Our
Bases. If You Have Any Information Regarding
The Whereabouts Of This Violent Weapons Trader, Please
Contact The Nearest Justicar’s Office.

1 Like

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR :wink:

1 Like

Now we’re getting into the spirit of Wildcard month :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, after a few weeks of going down language rabbit holes, I am back with more wildcard month. This time a homebrew narrative scenario, with the objective to assassinate a Divine Tempest who has taken over an ISA world. The assassins are a covert team of wildcards led by a ruthless spymaster - offering plausible deniability to the ISA if they fail, and some scapegoats if the the citizens react to the death.

For those who want to join me down my Wanted Poster language rabbit hole, below is everything I know about the 2 languages of Cyriss. I have also made some minor updates based on feedback

Ok, this is a bit of a necro, and not exactly intended to be about Wildcard Month, but sort of fits and I want to share

Showdown mode variant for Warcaster scenarios: for those who love clutch plays with big heroes, and their games decided by a single exquisitely swung blade!

1 Like