Admonition + Abyssal Gate/Placement Effects

Can you trigger Admonition yourself by casting Abyssal Gate (or similar spells/abilities with placement effects) on an enemy model and placing it within 6" of the model with Admonition?

I would think so based on the spells themselves, but I wasn’t sure if there was any other general rules that would come into play.

“Admonition - When an enemy model advances and ends its movement or is placed within 6” of target model in the spellcaster’s battlegroup, the affected model can immediately advance up to 3", then Admonition expires."

“Abyssal Gate - When Abyssal Gate damages a non-Leader enemy model, after the attack is resolved you can place the enemy model anywhere completely within 3” of its current location. A model can be placed by Abyssal Gate only once per turn."

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community Hub!

Yes, this works as written. The requirements are “advances and ends its movement” and “or is placed.” If the enemy model is placed within Admonition range – no further conditions specified – then Admonition triggers.

(The two clauses have to stand separately, otherwise trooper models placed as a result of unit movement wouldn’t trigger Admonition.)

Much appreciated. Still getting my bearings after almost 10 years away from the game, lol.

1 Like

Yes, this currently works because the “is placed” conditional doesn’t have any requirements on it. Any place will trigger it if it is on an enemy model.

3 Likes