Vlad‘s Speed Painting Desk

I do not get much time to paint, but when I do I try doing some kinda-speed painting to get as much as possible done on a tight schedule, with OK-ish quality.

I‘ve been painting the past two months, and wanted to make this thread to keep the photos as I try to finish it the army.

First, some units of Slaughterhousers and Brigands recently completed.

12 Likes

Road Hog, War Hog, Gun Boars, Battle Boars, and Rorsh & Brine

10 Likes

The warlocks. Not so happy with how I did the standard Arkadius, but quite happy with the Mini Crate version.

10 Likes

Some more solos, with Maximus, Gobbers, Alten and a Targ. Quite happy with how they turned out.

11 Likes

Looking good! I really feel you on having to get things done. I’m trying to do that with my Trollbloods which have been unfinished for years.

These look really great, love the consistent theme throughout, nice job

The green is very eye-catching! Never seen green Farrow before. (It does make sense in that they’re sort of the ork-equivalents of the Iron Kingdoms) I really like how you continued the green theme onto models where it wouldn’t make sense as skin tone, like on Dr. Arkadius’s clothes.

Thanks for all the encouraging comments! Slowly progressing with some lesser warbeasts.

7 Likes

After a small hiatus, my farrow and I am back! Some models for a Midas list I want to try.

6 Likes

So, done with painting farrow for the time being, and venturing into Dark Operations with my first Cephalyx Models.

They were harder to paint (quickly) then I expected, but hope I can improve on that as I paint more of them. Absolutely love the models!

5 Likes

Also managed to paint some Machine Wraiths to accompany the Cephalyx.

4 Likes

Painting some Circle stuff after I while!

3 Likes

Also the Circle Twins.

3 Likes

And just in time for SR24, some objectives!

Decided to make two variants, ones that look like that they could be moved, and ones that look more stationary.

7 Likes

Some more Circle painted.

I have almost all of my Tharn painted now, and looking forward to finally putting Iona on the table after years of being stuck unpainted on the shelf.

3 Likes

First Mk4 models painted!

7 Likes

Some more Mk4 models and quick ‚n‘ dirty defenses ready!

3 Likes

Some Khadoran‘s Snipers are ready to join the rest of the force!

4 Likes

nice work on the cloaks!

Thanks!

It is actually three layers or primer spray (black > grey > white), with some weathering at the end. That allows for quicker painting, but at close distance the spray „bubbles“ can be seen.

1 Like