Lucas's Models and WIPs

Figured I may as well make a place to post the stuff I have. Haven’t played in a while, but I still enjoy making terrain and painting models. So, in no particular order, here are some things I have pics of so far:


Amazing paint job! Love the highlights and small details. Always a fan of the plaid on trolls :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, TNT.

I found this old pic of a house I’m working on. It’s got paint on it now, but I don’t have a picture of that yet.


Working along with the Wolfe-Stryker-Courser box I got a couple months back. Wolfe is almost finished, with the Courser up next.


Remembered I had these pics of some old buildings that I made, but no longer have. Learned how to make them from PP’s old terrain tutorials on their Hobby Blog.


Got most of the colors roughed in on the house.

And here are a bunch of walls I have made over the years specifically for Warmachine.


Figured I’d post these two. Haley was one of the first models I ever painted (way back when I was a teenager). Madrak-1 was one of the first trollbloods I ever painted (and one of the few who escaped stripping over the years). Experimenting with photo-set-ups, not really what I want, but oh well. Will keep trying.


Getting more work on old Wolfe here:


Group shot of the few Trollbloods I have actually finished.


Man, that terrain looks awesome. Any link to that hobby blog still exist?


As for the blog, it sort of exists. You can find their old posts on the News tab. Search for “hobby” or “privateer press archive.”

They also have a couple hobby-related videos on their youtube channel.


Oh that’s friggin awesome! Thank you!!

In anticipation of the upcoming Brineblood Marauder release, I’ve started to test out some ideas for beach-bases. This is the first, and I’m relatively pleased with it. Unfortunately, you can too-easily see the painter’s tape that I used to cover the slot in the base, and I feel like the paint under the water effects might need a bit of work.


Got my Brinebloods in and have started blocking in some of the colors. Going for a blue-crab type color scheme. Also, finished a second test base and am a bit happier with this one. The splotch on it is the foot print of the Reef Troll, but I won’t put him on this one, I will make another base for him.


Really cool shore effect on the base!

Excited to see more of the painted trolls!

Thanks! I’ve almost finished the base. Got some small beach critters from and really like how they look on the base. Unfortunately, I dropped the crab before attaching him and didn’t realize he is missing one of his legs until I was applying the final touches to his shell. Now I pretend that he got in a fight with another crab (and won). The starfish is just a lazy slob, though.

Also, I’m plugging away on the Deepborne. I feel like I’m slowly getting better at taking pics, but I need to find a way to really get rid of the glare from the light-blub. Here I have two different feet-pics; one lighter and one darker. Going for a stipling effect on the carapace that I have never really done before and am currently enjoying it.


Glued Wolfe to his base and am going to try and finish him up properly pretty soon. Bit happier with the lighting set-up here.


Update on the big-guy. Wish I could finish models in an hour. Would make things a lot easier. Blocked in some more colors, especially the squid/octopus friend.


Update on the Deepboi. Got his legs 95% done. Also 95% done on the ropes and whatnot. Pretty happy with the effect. Didn’t take quite as long as I feared, though it was quite tedious.


Bit of an update. Finally got everything below the waist pretty much done. Went ahead and finished up the base too.