Steamroller '24 Preview

I’m guessing there’s still stuff in testing? Still, very cool! Thank you oh great one :slight_smile:

only one Scenario, maybe we get another one or two ? :slight_smile:

Day two! The concept of battle lines is the feel of two armies meeting and having to give and take ground on the

8 Likes

Two quick typo notes

Under Assassination it says “name state” instead of game state.

Battlelines makes reference to “Victor Points” instead of “Victory points”

In Battle lines, I would also recommend breaking up the sentence more to make it clearer. Something like “The active player chooses one Objective. Move the chosen Objective 3” towards the opponents table edge. "

Also, is it meant to be Directly Towards, or just Towards? Because that can be a big difference.

Towards is intentional

3 Likes

Copying over from my similar FB post:

In the paragraph regarding moving an objective, after the statement “At the end of each scoring turn” I would recommend adding either “before points are scored” or “after points are scored” depending on what is desired. Otherwise I am sure the question will be asked later.

1 Like

Cool. It does make things much more dynamic.

Terrian objectives, Within 2” or within. Does this mean if it’s terrain you can be in - you have to be in, otherwise it’s 2”

A bit confused.

At first glance these look fun.

Love the lossing at the end of my turn rather than my opponents change.

I am a bit concerned about how far back terrain can be sometimes. The flag is19” up, but the terrain could be 5” behind that, which is quite deep.

1 Like

That means if a forest was chosen for example. You can be inside the forest or within 2" of the forest to contest/score. If a wall was chosen you can’t be within the terrain so it’s just within 2".

4 Likes

Played Battle Lines at the convention yesterday and do want to say: I appreciate the move away from the circle and rectangle zones, and choosing both which terrain piece to enliven with the flag, and choosing which objective to move, are interesting decisions with some finer points of consideration. My friend and I liked it. Good direction for steamroller.

Day three and it is a spicy one. There is a bit of risk and reward with Wolves here. Push your zone the furthest forward for a big win or hold back and play the long game.

2 Likes

So, when you score a 40mm objective it moves towards the opponents side, correct?
And, I think that I’ve got the gist of the 3 point scoring thing, but I’ve had to reread it multiple times. I think that including Player 1 and Player 2 would clear things up when describing it. For example
“If player 1’s 40 mm Objective is closer to Player 2’s deployment zone than Player 2s’s 40mm Objective is to their deployment zone they score 3 points.” And then repeat again for Player 2.
Also, once one Objective has passed the other, both are now closer to their enemy side. For example, Objective A has not moved at all and is still at 15" from Deployment Zone A. Objective B has moved to be 14" away from Deployment Zone A. Objective A is now 33" away from Deployment Zone B and Objective B is now 34" away from Deployment Zone B. Both are always closer to the opposite side once they pass each other.
Unless I’m misreading how the scenario works.

Sorry abit confused here. Push your zone? What zone? the Killbox? or are you referring to the 40mm objective?

1 Like

Hm, are caches on 20mm round or square bases?

Sorry these things have had some many different names in testing.

Pushing the 40mm objectives

2 Likes

20mm round bases are what we are using

Okay gotcha. I think either way I will play the long game cuz my caster always moves up front regardless the outcome. :joy:

Good to know. :slight_smile:
Can you give us an indication on how many of each will be needed at most of each flag/cach/objective size?
Wantto start prepping

Hi there. we are discussing here the new scenarios and rules. The point that we have a strong discusion and is something that do a clarification is needed, are the terrain objective. When you choose it with the flag.
You ned to clarify, what kind of terrain can be selected for that. the specific size of the terrain. If it’s possible to destroy or remove it… a lot of thins… Objectives that are not wll defined will be a problem for competitive games.

2 Likes