I am planning to add some RPG elements to our Warcaster sessions. To tell lore-appropriate stories, I wondered, what is the state of the art regarding technology in the Thousand Worlds? Some things I know:
- Warcasters support their forces from racks.
- Spell-like effects can be produced via arcane cyphers and special mechanikal devices.
- Arc relays are used by warcasters to transmit arc at range (they are on battle carriers).
- Arc receivers are locatable by a locus, collect transmitted arc in reticulations, transform it in arc converters, and store charges in arc capacitors, which spike if overloaded.
- Cypher modules can be charged to contain cyphers.
- Mechanikal G-drives enable flying vehicles, jet packs, and giant flying battle carriers.
Travel and communication:
- Portable void gates open a breach to the void. Warcasters can locate them. Warcasters can themselves open a breach to the void and send troops through. The troops’ locusts enable the warcaster to bring them to the target gate.
- Stationary void gates are connected in pairs. Navigating the void between may take a long time depending on the gates’ distance. It needs a theurg (or a warcaster?) to know the direction of travel.
- Communication at range at least between a squad and its warcaster exemplified in stories when inside communication range of a battle carrier.
- Screens as seen on a ranger’s spyglass on the Redforge image.
- Immortality of the soul is possible through its preservation in soul batteries (not sure what they are called).
- Cybernetic prostetics are a thing at least for the AC.
What did I miss?