Orange Legion of Everblight

I’ve wanted to start a forum thread for my army for a long time and here we finally are. Hopefully this will keep a nice snapshot of my progress and keep me motivated.

I got into the game at the end of MK2, then MK3 was announced before Warmachine was largely stopped being played in my friends group. The I got into it again at the end of MK3 and suddenly MK4 was announced. I seem to have a thing for getting in just before an edition change!

Some of you may have seen pictures of the brawlmachine army I painted last year:

This scheme was trying to match my original MK2 scheme (below), but with an airbrush and techniques I’d learnt over the ~5 years away to make it faster. I personally think this is the best scheme I’ve created so I’m keen to complete a full army.

18 Likes

Now with the release of MK4 I started trying to paint my dragons host enough to field a few okay-ish lists. I made this decision before Ravens were out and Dragon’s Host currently need a lot less models to get painted so I’m sticking with them for now :wink:.

Here’s what I’ve painted earlier this year:

I still need to complete the flame on the Ravagore and I’m not entirely happy with the purple oil wash on Kallus’ skin. I plan to go in and re-highlight it with some white

That’s it for now, hopefully I’ll have some more recent one additions soon!

15 Likes

They look really good, I love the muted blue-greys and organic-looking orange; it’s bright and colourful, but realistic and believable rather than cartoony.

1 Like

Thanks! That’s definitely the look I was going for. One of my inspirations was colourful and deadly poisonous frogs :frog:.

2 Likes

Got another model painted up, Golab! Really keen to play with them on the table.

10 Likes

Nice, the glowing eyes are a great touch. What’s the plan for the base?

Cheers! I’m planning on the doing the same as my brawlmachine force. Just need to requisition a friend to print out more tree stumps as I’ve run out.

12 Likes

Dude this looks awesome!!
That’s a hard combination to pull off

Thanks for the kind words!

I’ve got a bit more painted, still need to get the stuff for basing though :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Nice work on ths skin!

Finished a while ago but I forgot to post, finished Abby2 and Anamag. Got all the dragons host warlocks done!

8 Likes

Nice work! Abby’s eyes aren’t as good as Anamag’s, and the lack of basing ofc takes away a bit, but the colours and shading work really well!

Not sure how I missed this before.

The models themselves are looking good! :slight_smile:

Even the most basic basing will take them to the next level, though! :slight_smile:

I hear you loud and clear on the basing! I’ve asked my 3D printer friends so hopefully I should get my basing bits soon :crossed_fingers:

For something a bit different. Just like every legion player I had full FA shredders so I decided to turn some into harriers.

Also I always find the seraph and the neraph pretty similar in terms of looks. So I decided to make it obvious what the Seraph did.

4 Likes

I like this. Very clean scheme, that is really readable at a distance too.

1 Like

I am still around and painting!

I’ve finished quite a few models in the meantime, however no pictures yet.

For those keen for based models, good news. I’ve received my basing bits and started painting them.

3 Likes