MkIV Command Starter Ideas

With the coming of Cryx’s Necrofactorium Command Starter, there seems to be plans down the line for every mkiv army to have an offering in this format. Even though this is going to take a long while more with all the new stuff coming out, this doesn’t mean we can’t throw ideas for what we want in the other Command Starter sets!

It seems like there’s a format the Command Starters should follow.

• Consist of 26 - 30pts worth of models.
  • 1 Scout Warcaster, 1 fixed loadout cohort, 1 solo, 1 unit.
  • All models are characters.

How do you think your army’s Command Starter should look like?

2 Likes

Since Khador Winter Korps already has a scout caster and a character solo established, this means it only needs 1 new character warjack and 1 new unit.

Therefore, my wishlist is to have the Winter Korps Kommand Starter Set to look like the following!

Winter Korps Kommand Set

Borisyuk
Lynx (16pts?)
Volkova 4pts
Winter Korps Kommandos (7pts?)

**Lynx**
Khador Winter Korps Heavy Warjack

FA: C
Point Cost: 16
Health: 34
Large Base

SPD 5
MAT 6
RAT 6
DEF 11
ARM 19

**Icons**
Trample
Slam
Headbutt
Dual Attack
Construct

**Special Rules**
Anchor

**Head**
Prowl

**Ranged Weapon**
Right - Final Verdict
RNG 12
ROF 1
AOE -
POW 14
Attack Type - Each time this weapon is used to make an attack, choose one of the following special rules:
* Thunderbolt - Enemy models hit are pushed D3" directly away from the attacking model. On a critical hit, the enemy model becomes knocked down after being pushed.
* System Breaker Rounds - When this weapon damages an enemy warjack, immediately after the attack is resolved, choose a system from the enemy warjack. The system is crippled for 1 round. An enemy warjack can only be affected by System Breaker Rounds once per round.
* Critical Decapitation - On a critical hit, double the damage exceeding the ARM of the model hit. A model disabled by this attack cannot make a Tough roll.

**Melee Weapon**
Left - Short Axe
RNG 1
POW 15
Critical Decapitation
**Winter Korp Kommandos**
Khador Winter Korps Unit

FA: C
Point Cost: 7
Health: 5 HP each
Small Base

3x Winter Korps Kommando named Wanda, Korr, Kohmndor

SPD 6
MAT 7
RAT 6
DEF 14
ARM 14

**Icons**
Tough
Pathfinder
Dual Attack
Stealth

**Special Rules**
Gang
Duelist
Feign Death

**Ranged Weapon**
Right - Blunderbuss
RNG 8
ROF 1
AOE -
POW 12
Pistol

**Melee Weapon**
Left - Saber
RNG 1
POW 9
Weapon Master

The idea behind this is to give Borisyuk a character “sniper” warjack with Attack Types similar to his rifle, Shadow of Death. Lynx initially had Reload [1] but I’m not sure if that would make it too strong or not. Maybe give it Reload [1] but make System Breaker Rounds shakeable?

I recall a unique Winter Korp infantry sculpt previewed before that wields a blunderbuss, a saber (?) and have a cloak. Perhaps we can re-use these models for the Winter Korps Kommandos that serves a role like the Kayazy Eliminators!

1 Like

I’d be down for a character unit if kommandos that’s just boris’ old buddies

The only thing I want from brinebloods is some more narrative background.I know that’s not more models, and I’m not trying to de-rail but it’s really the thing I want the most right now from them

-A story about Thorga encountering the orgoth and slowly rallying an armada of various iron kingdoms privateers to repel them

-Firequill shipwrecks off the coast of Zu, only to discover his actions are being guided by a mysterious hand

-anything really

I think you might have misunderstood and the army is called Necrofactorium Command, not that this is a Command Starter.

I suppose we could see if they’ve fooled a lot of us, but I think you might actually be the one to have this backwards

I think they may want to produce all-new content for the Command starters (working name for now?).

If it’s existing content arranged differently, they have to introduce a character unit that is not available separately, or made them available separately, and existing players will have the solo and the warcaster, and lack the unit and the fixed Cohort model.

Making everything new solves that, is a “buy just one” product, all characters, all new. It’s a nice mini-expansion if you are already a player of that Army, and offers the opportunity to explore lore using new characters, and it closes the amount of Leaders at 5 per Army if they keep the “Warcaster C” that goes alone, which is a lot of variety to not get bored while not been overwhelming. As a con, maybe it scales bad with the Legacy mini-factions.

That said, if they repeat warcasters, they could use alternate sculpts, and make the warcaster the only model that already exists.

Considering how Widowmakers have always been FA:1 since the original black-and-white Prime Mk1, they’re pretty much a character unit in all but name. I’d be happy to get a Widowmaker unit, just as they are in Fifth Division, as a character unit for Winter Korps. The unit is, and has always been, perfect as is. They could even pull the name for the badass one-eyed Kapitan from the original D20 system IKRPG, to make it a real “character” unit.

2 Likes

I like it! “New box, old glories!”

Although the solo should be the Sargeant MoW Suppressor Klenka.

We miss you, Klenka.

1 Like