Hunker in a Bunker! - Privateer Press

This is a case where I’d apply the “Ignore that rule” advice. :slight_smile: I think it’s 100% sensible to replace that tower with the actual Guard Tower. While it is supposed to be imbalanced in favor of the attacker, I think that change would make it a little bit more feasible for the defender. :slight_smile:

I’ll have to look at the week 4 thing later, but I didn’t see anything that came across as “turn 1 egregious” when I looked a little while ago.

I really like the continuous weekly corrections. Even if it is small in number per week it’s much better than a yearly dynamic update in the past.

Keep on the good work - while we enjoy playing Warmachine!

Edit: I also wanted to mention that I appreciate the active participation of PP staff members at this new platform. Thanks for the insights.

5 Likes

You score the Small Objectives at the start of a turn and the Large at the end. If you go first (7") you are 17" away from the mid line. The small Objectives are 1-2" across. If a SPD 6 unit runs that 11" + base size 1.18" for a 30mm base) + 2" + base size. That gives us 15.36" of movement. Add in the 7" Deployment and you are at the 22.36" mark. Any increase in SPD or a larger Objective or a medium+ base size and you can score on the bottom of 2 for the small and the top of 1 for the terrain Objectives.

2 Likes

Again, ignoring or changing a rule is great for local play, but not for official events. It is also treating a symptom, not a problem.
A good game only gets better with meaningful feedback. That’s how the fixes to MKIV have been happening so far.

2 Likes

Feedback and finding those issues is definitely important. As Matt said we may make a mistake or miss something in playtest which is why the app response and even the email to feedback@privateerpress.com or discussion here in the new community hub is so important to us!

When you/anyone finds something of note be sure to let us know! Thank you for looking out and taking time to share your findings!!

5 Likes

Might I suggest that a read-only sticky on that be made? Like the “new to warmachine” and “community podcasts” and such?

If you want I can try to find the “how to give feedback” posts I put on the Facebook group last year. I’ve been in enough video game and software betas to know a lot of folks don’t know how to write good feedback. That’d be a good addition.

3 Likes

It would be nice to have specific rules to follow for a game system that normally have Tournaments to make it easier and reduce discussion.

2 Likes

There are specific rules for the Bunker. The double thing is literally just PP going “hey we made it in a way that you could use it for other stuff too”. Just don’t use the double configuration in a tournament.

2 Likes

If you have useful tips for new players I would love to check it out! Please share!!

1 Like