Mohrg's Painting Desk

Void engine complete!
Israfyl up next

10 Likes

Nice work. I feel like those larger airbrushed (I assume?) glows are a little lacking in contrast, maybe a subtle shading pass over the airbrushed glow could make it look a bit sharper and better-defined.

I think you are right, I need to go in and highlight the OSL and shade it to push the contrast, it has some but it hasn’t come out in the photo well so it clearly isn’t deep enough

1 Like

Looking great! Backdrops your adding make all the models look at home.

1 Like

Israfyl is done too!
I did go back to the void engine and add more contrast but it still needs some work, as do Israfyls flames but it is ready for table top at this point.

8 Likes

Processing: 1000024707.jpg…
Its been a while since i did a painting session mostly due to Baldurs gate.
The Dreadguard sculpts are so lovely im going to do them one by one as these folks are basically characters. Looking forward to getting more time to paint soon.

First Dreadguard done and dusted, the other 2 are close to complete as well.
Im very happy wih how this came out, and the cloak looks as well.

7 Likes

Lovely as always. Keen to see the whole unit!

1 Like

Well then you are in luck, i resisted another night of Baldurs gate and finished them up. Dreadguard done!

7 Likes

Very cool!

More words because reasons.

2 Likes

Got the Wraiths done last night, and got started on Dyssiss and Hellyth. Once they are done ill have a 75point list painted!

6 Likes

Dyssiss all done and dusted, not sure I’m happy with the flames and lack of OSL, so I shall revisit this one at some point.

8 Likes

Nice work. The flames look pretty good.

1 Like

Thanks, I think I can do better but I’ll swing back round to them later.
Not sure about putting the def/ ARM on the bases, I know it is handy but does it look ok?

Marking the bases is a matter of personal taste. I like clean black base rims myself, but your numbers are very clean and don’t attract much attention, so I certainly don’t think they look bad.

I like it. I’m not doing “normal” OSL on any of my “ghost” units, they’re shaded as if light is coming from within, bright close to the “core” and dark far away. Dyssiss might get some extra light sources in the flames, though I don’t have her yet. They’re ghosts, to my way of thinking - it’s okay for them to be lit different from other units, as if they’re following different rules of physics.

Not had a lot of time to paint for a couple of weeks but to get my hand back in I got one of the objectives and a flag painted up.
Ill try to finish up Hellyth in the next week or so.

7 Likes

I got Hellyth and the other objectives finished up last week but its been a busy few days, I’m on to the cavalry next, I’m having fun painting the manticore flesh and glazing in purple for markings.

3 Likes

Nice work.

How does this forum still have a 20 character limit?

2 Likes

First cavalry painted, varnish and base still to do, this model is gorgeous!
Absolutely loved painting this.

5 Likes