Max's Paint Corner (Now with a light box that I cannot use correctly)

I’m surprised by how bright the background looks in those photos, it looks to me like your photo box background is a little bit grey and reflective, maybe finding some matt black cloth or paper to use instead would work better. Also you’re zoomed out pretty far. I would try to make sure the white sides of the box aren’t in-frame if possible; we want the camera to adjust it’s brightness (shutter/aperture) based on the model, not the background. Or control it manually if possible. A little bit of light-handed post-processing can also help.

1 Like

Just some WiP of Sparkhammer and a Dusk scheme I am trying out. I like it, but I was unsure about what to do with the nodes until someone suggested some form of red that I plan on trying out later today.

3 Likes

Finished Sparkhammer and I think I am satisfied with paint scheme for my Dusk.

3 Likes

Sparkhammer looks great. Interesting Dusk scheme, but I feel like the model lacks a focal point; nothing draws my eye and I don’t know where I should be looking. I always think of Space Marine models with white helmets: the bright white helmet pulls the eye to the center and most important part of the model.

Your magenta and green are the most saturated colours sonthey draw the eye; they are good as spot colours, but they are all distributed around the periphery so they end up drawing the eye away from the center of model, where there’s bothing else to serve as a focal point.

At least that’s what I think is happening, I’m no expert (I only pretend to be one on painting threads…)

1 Like