Battle for the Forge (UK)

FB event page here:

Battle for the Forge is back!

Due to popular demand for the last few WM events in the north, registration will be slightly different this time. If you’d like to come, please comment on the Facebook post by July 30th (message me if you don’t have FB). If we have more than 16 players, players will be drawn by lot, with preference going to people who couldn’t come to the last event. If you’re relying on another person for transport, please include their name in your comment! Once players have been drawn, you will have 3 days to complete payment to confirm your place.

B4TF will be a 100 point, MKIV Steamroller event. 3 rounds, 2 lists. Only models that have been officially released in stores may be used, regardless of presence in War Room.

Everyone is easing back into the game, so hoping for a chill, friendly atmosphere. No problem if you’re new to the game, or haven’t played the new edition!

Doors open at 9:00, event starts at 9:30. Hoping to be done by 18:00, but things can overrun.

Lunch will be included- sandwiches, sausage rolls and drinks. When buying your ticket, please let me know of any dietary requirements.

There will also be some official PP prize support, plus prize support from the venue if we sell enough tickets. Plus custom golden B4TF objective markers for winners!

Strict limit of 16 players- depending on how many players sign up, we’ll either run one tournament or split into 2 pods.

WargameStore have very kindly offered to host this event for us. If you haven’t been before, Wargamestore is a fantastic venue with a dedicated gaming space for us to use. They have plenty of car parking right outside, and sell drinks and snacks (and have a great range of Warmachine minis!).

Players are expected to bring their own flags and objectives (blank bases etc are fine). Players are also required to bring a chess clock (either a physical clock, or a device running a chess clock app, which are available for free!).

Defenses will be allowed, I’ll try to bring some spares, but can’t guarantee what will be available!

There is a limited amount of terrain, zones, and clocks at Wargamestore, so if possible please bring your own to ensure we have enough.

1 Like