Lost Legion Origin and purpose Theory

Like, how do you even read the first sentence of Axel’s dialouge and come away thinking its not a senient indivdual, but just a bot?

1 Like

First of all, thanks I had never read that and damn was it cool. Really wish we had more stories, i might need to dig back to see if there were anymore I missed.

But like I said I didn’t know the extent of Axel’s personality, I never said he didn’t have one at all. He is still a mystery and his motivations unclear. This still expands to the LL as a whole. Especially because Axel is Wild card that works with all faction. The LL is still it own faction, and would still need a motivation to engage in conflict with other factions. Axel as a wild card could be placed in a situation in where he attacks the LL.

I’m simply theorizing a motive for LL that makes them narratively more interesting. Even that story what makes Axel interesting is more about what he knows, than who he is. His interest is placed in something external and what it did to him/he experienced from it. He won’t talk about himself, his gear, his freeze up, the melted bodies, or the legion. Axel even supports my theory a little about void energy causing insanity. Thought it is most likely PTSD, but that would be weird for an AI robot.

Oh damn!

There’s short fiction pieces like this out there for all the Wild Cards from KS3. You definitely need to check them out!

Lemme see if I can Google them up or something. Should probably definitely be compiled and pinned here.

There may be a reason why PP intends to release Lost Legion at the same time with the “sixth Faction”. That may explain why the Lost Legion turns into the Rediscovered Legion, and why they’re fighting. And who they’re fighting.

Remember, just because we can play different Factions against each other (or even mirror matches) doesn’t mean they’re enemies in the story. At least not all the time. In a galaxy far, far away there’s enough room for local skirmishes without it escalating into full-scale wars.

The same goes with Warmachine: we can still play Cygnar vs. Khador games, even though in the story they’re now more or less allied against the Orgoth. And said alliance doesn’t mean that all old enmities and bitterness are wiped under the rug - “misunderstandings” between the two nations could still happen.

2 Likes