Evaluating Power Scale

Paradox, you are 100% correct that it’s a worse flight, but it is thematic. They don’t even need another spike. It means they can also use the Raker’s 3” move. They get their cake and get to eat it without adding more special rules (which is a separate pet peeve)

I think that would be too strong with the axes effective Pow6. Just give them Mat4, and on a melee kill they can use their gun (I forget the rule name)

I’m not sure about the proposed Hex Hunter changes. It’s still highly situational and I’d still never use it.
What about: Hex Hunters +1 speed (takes them up to 5). While charged, when hitting something affected by a cypher or with the arc relay special rule, the gun attack gains an addition power dice to hit.

• My thought process is that it makes them especially anti-cypher and with the inclusion of weavers as potential targets they might actually do something.

Right now, only the raker moves. Are you suggesting a change to raker spike?

IMO Witch Hunters need spray on the gun. Just flat out make it a spray. Done.

1 Like

That would way to strong unless the range was very short. One squad could destory several unit and deny cover.

The spike on the raker can be done prior to the unit moving, then the rest of the unit benefits from that additional 3”.

Fully disagree. That would basically be your opponent letting you live the dream. Its not too hard to posotion against sprays. And then, its just a RAT3 shot in an opposed roll game. At best, the charge gives you a red die advantage.

Plus, this is a game where paladin annihilators have existed from the start, and they do the same, but better, because strafe shots, unlike sprays, dont require a line. You cannot position a squad to avoid strafes.

1 Like

Not sure about that. Annihilators require you to charge and spike to get both LOS. WH would have spray by default, and with spray you are guaranteed to traget all units with in that line. Potentially they have a higher chance of hitting more tragets. What phase sequncer you could also better position your units to hit the optium amount. And if Vassel got phase sequencer just from being charged it would make it that more easier. There is also a 18% chance your strafe will not hit any additional units and 18% chance to hit two units. So your likely to hit one additional unit per attack.

This also doesnt help balance out the Vassel squads. Why would anyone pick Raiders or Reavers over WH? We kinda end up with the same issue were raider are the highest choice. I think giving a unit its own niche helps justify using it withing certain playstyles. Which is why im not a fan of Sabers.

Reavers you take cause they can actually get to and score objectives. Plus the raker is amazing with them, and POW5 melee.

Raiders can apply corrosion, and are longer ranged and actually have a melee attack.

Both are faster, which is significant.

Strafes are still better at hitting models in proximity than sprays. And while the annihilators do need an arc to enjoy the charge or spike, sprays do not ignore LOS. Its also not fair to consider the spray alongside other proposed changes. Phase sequencer is a spike. Getting 3 sprays on uncharged RAT3 is pretty mild.

There is still plenthy of room for other vassals. Reavers are still reavers, and will still be played most. The competition is between raiders and witch hunters. Right now, no one plays witch hunters. Theres no reason to ever put them on the field. And vassals overall are subpar.

Honestly, a spray squad would actually just make them a consideration.

Yeah, pretty much the only reason i deploy a squad of vassals is because i ran out of Synturions and Talons as i only have 2 of each.

2 Likes

Part of the reason I think more utility over power. If their going to be weak they mine as well be useful. I struggle to justify putting Arc on them.