What Factions would you like to see?

I’ve been loving the updated versions of old factions and am curious what everyone else is excited about. It’s cool to see where Ret, Legion, and Trolls have gone between editions and I’d love to see that continued with the others.

So where do you see a Mk4 Skorne? Protectorate? Cryx? Or would you rather see entirely new factions like Orgoth?

1 Like

Living Iosians are probably off the table unless something major happens in the narrative and Grymkin probably don’t have much development to do (they haven’t changed in 4000 years, why would they change in 10 lol) so those are off the table. Would be really interested to see what has become of some of the classic Merc companies like the Talion Charter. Rhul could also be really interesting since they’ve had an influx of refugees since the Claiming who could bring their own tech and skills to the Army.

I’d like to see the fate of Menoth’s followers over time. The broken apostates, the truest of fantatics, and those trying to find a new path (presumably with Durant in Zu but could also be folks still in the Iron Kingdoms).

1 Like

Skorne…as i used to play them, it’d be interesting to see them go in less a regular standing army direction, and more in some other direction. I still need to pick up that RPG book for inspiration, but with what little i know from tidbits, i’d say a wandering Efaarit caravan could decide to travel west, and have some soldiers for defense, or there could be a Genzoul cult that travels west in search of new prey.

Apparently, the skorne are actually pretty diverse, so almost anything’s possible with them.

1 Like

Seeing some of the best warjack designs in the whole game redone as part of a new Rhulic faction would be awesome. So many digging and drilling implements that could make for fun arm options.

With opening the borders to so many people, Rhul as the ‘mechanic faction’ could be a neat spin. Lots of units and solos with different means of modifying/tuning up a warjack would be an interesting take. I could see wrenches and hard hats as core visual elements.

1 Like

Oooh, Desert Nomad Skorne and Efaarit! I’d be all over that faction.

1 Like

I’ve thought that Efaarit may actually be just Skorne who never settled, stayed as nomads/pastoralists instead of the city/agricultural Skorne. The Efaarit scout is pretty obviously a references to one of the characters in the movie Wizards, (1977) Wizards (film) - Wikipedia but i’d like to see them become their own thing, they seem to sort of have a Bedouin vibe to them.

and the genzoul are a permeation of the work “ghoul” from pre islamic arabic, assoiciated with cannibalism

1 Like

For the sake of content, I wanted to spitball ideas about the (mythological) origins of the efaarit and pondered a link with the Skorne… raised it with Matt Goetz and he said, that though this isn’t published, the writers had them down as Dhunian (which is odd, but somewhat makes sense given their pantheon and Dhunian interpretations of a lot of gods’ origins).

2 Likes

I’m also curious what they’ll do when it comes time to adapt any of the human Mercenary groups. One of the whole gimmicks of Mercenary warjacks is that they’re either modified laborjacks or old outdated warjacks being sold off by larger militaries; the Nomad for instance is the Cygnaran design that was replaced by the Ironclad. However the fluff for Winter Korp and Storm Legion makes note that part of the need of the new chassi was the huge numbers of 'jacks destroyed in the Claiming, so I’m curious if a potential Mk4 Steelhead Army or whatever will get new sculpts of, say, the Ironclad chassi but with swappable weapons or if we’ll see some fluff reason that they’re able to produce their own new jacks now or what.

1 Like

I still want a 3d printable militia of farmers for intro play, scenarios, etc.

1 Like

workmachine

or how about this? a resource allocation game where players decide whether to send thier jacks to plant, harvest, or build new structures. The Cygnar Stormsmith Journeyman Farmer uses electroculture to boost his wheat crop (a real fringe agriculture theory. look it up), while the Rhulic Survivalist uses his trusty Grundbuck Plow to grow his potatoes. Meanwhile, the Cryxian Weedwitch sends storms and pest to her neighbor’s plot’s while growing graveflowers for the local potions market.

Also, if we’re just wishlisting, wish we’d just get every old warcaster back in the game. Since these models can be so important to army composition, it feels bad for old players to suddenly not really have an army anymore. sure, parts of it might be usable elsewhere, but to not even have a character around at all is just sort of odd. Rather nerf or simplify rather than gone.

1 Like

Rules for all pre-MK IV models should be released by the end of this year.

2 Likes

In general, i like their new “go wide, not deep” approach to army creation, but getting a collosal/gargantuan to all the new factions would make them feel up to strength with all the others. Or will those be unlimited only now?

They have said there will be Mk4 colossals eventually, so I think they’ll all be in Prime.

I have a weird unreasoning love of construct warbeasts as a concept and I want more of them

My current thought is that it would be cool and weird for the rhulic people to suddenly figure out how to create beefy construct warbeasts. I think it’d be fun to have them create something like warmachine satyrs (or other fae or Greek inspired creatures maybe?) in aesthetic as construct warbeasts, but like really chonky, and to build a hordes faction around that idea

Or just construct dragons. Those would be cool too

I really want to see what Mk4 Cryx looks like.

I’ve been enjoying the absolute hell out of Black Fleet and Dark Host and i want to see where they take the concepts. What has big daddy dragonfather been up to?

2 Likes

I always felt like you could do anything with hordes. Dinosaurs, tropical rain forest beasts. Aztec like warmachine faction we’re their warjack are a mix wolds/jacks. Like all stone with a cortex shoved in there.

1 Like

Mostly being in the Cryx ICU after Wrath of the Dragonfather. :stuck_out_tongue:

well they’d have to be techno aztecs. maybe the t-rex could have robot legs. And they could have regular troops marching beside robots.

1 Like

Actually I take everything back. Aztec construct warbeasts please and thank you!

2 Likes