Warmachine IoS App Needs

After playing over 20 games, using the app I wanted to provide some feedback items that are really needed in my opinion.

1. Switching between apps (like the camera) often causes the app to completely restart and slows down gaming if you want to take pictures etc in between rounds.
  2. Ability to save/name warjack/warbeast configurations. I really shouldn’t have to reconfigure them every time I want to make a new test list.
  3. When playing a game with say 4 of the same jack it is really hard to remember what jack is what. Can we not get some sort of visual indicator (this is where the name idea in #2 came from) so we know what the jack actually has on it for picking which one to record damage on easier?
  4. Let us change warcasters without dropping all of the warjacks/warbeasts and forcing us to re add them back in.
  5. We need an easier way to connect to the people we are playing with to see their list/cards. This should work using an internet connection vs an image and we should get to see their damage etc.
  6. Jack /Beast values should adjust based on their load outs. Example Armor change when you have shield or when it is disabled.
  7. Ability to track win/loss/calculate points etc for a steam roller
2 Likes

Just FYI, I would recommend putting this into an email to the feedback account, you can find it in the app by hitting the hamburger menu in the top-right and hitting the “Send App Feedback” button.

Yea this is weird, I dunno if it’s a Unity thing or what but would def be nice to fix

+1, would love this feature. I want to be able to just make a bunch of loadouts and treat them like the old non-customizable jack/beasts lol

My plan for this is to mark my bases with numbers and just use the order they appear in the list as their number.

War Room 1 and 2 used to do this but they dropped it near the end of Mk3 because of server upkeep costs. Could be neat to get it back as part of the subscription, but given how much is already covered by the sub it feels like something that might have to increase the cost.

Maaaybe? That’s not how the Shield benefit has ever worked and it has the potential to create confusion when you have rules like Chain Weapon that ignore Shields and Bucklers. 50/50 on that one. Feels like a change that would probably be fine, just require a rethink for vets and I’m not sure if it’s any less confusing for new players than the current state. Worth considering.

Added to the app as well. Thanks

1 Like
  1. Switching between apps (like the camera) often causes the app to completely restart and slows down gaming if you want to take pictures etc in between rounds.

I’m an Android user, so grain of salt, but I’ve made this much more rare on my old Android phone by killing off other apps and freeing up memory. When I have a game running, I just have Warmachine and camera.

1 Like