Need a good 50 & 100 point list for Syntherion / Convergence

Hi all,

I finally got my brother to cave in and get into WM. He has (so far) the Convergence battle box, the colossal, and the Transfinite Emergence thingy. lol What would be good 50 and 100 point all comers list for him to cut his teeth on? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I barely know anything about Convergence anymore. :slight_smile:

Which models were in the old starter box?

I will say that Syntherion has always tended to want at least 3-4 warjacks in his battlegroup to capitalize on Synergy!

Syntherion will love getting the Colossal on the table when rules come out for it (August?) because Hot Shot is very good on models putting out 5+ ranged attacks per turn.

Before that, he’ll want to get decent high volume ranged jacks for Hot Shot. The Cipher in the Battle Box is a possibility for its AOEs even if they are relatively low POW (they will absolutely kill light infantry). Other good choices are the Assimilator with its Ground Pounder special attack and the Monitor with its Ricochet. This is also good for triggering Road to War.

Other than that, decently high-POW melee vectors that can benefit off Synergy is good. The Diffuser is also good because it can vastly increase Syntherion’s threat range, with even the slowish CoC jacks having a melee
threat range of 4/5+2/1= 9"+2+2+3 = 16" if Road to War, Beacon and Magnetic Hold all kick in. The TEP isn’t a bad choice because it can activate before Syntherion and trigger Road to War, and when you’ve gotten of a few RtW movements Syntherion can activate, feat, and cast Synergy.

Syntherion will also want an Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex to serve as his arc node to get Magnetic Hold where he wants it.

Syntherion is a solid starter caster for the faction. It sounds like he has a Cipher, a Galvanizer, and a Mitigator. The TEP is not quite as good as it ised to be, but is still a decent battle engine. And unless they completely overhaul the Prime Conflux, the Axiom is the better build for the colossal kit.

Things he will want to have in general for the army would be a Corollary, an Optifex Directive unit, a couple Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex solos, and a Diffuser. Beyond that, either type of heavy kit has some good options, though Synth likes the mixed loadout heavies over melee-specific ones.

You won’t bee able to use the TEP or the PA at 50 points, but as others have said, he does like to run with a big battlegroup.

At 50 points, you could do:
Synth
14 Cipher
13 Assimilator
5 Diffuser
4 Galvanizer
6 Corollary
3 Optifex Directive
2 ADO
3 3x Elimination Servitors

It gives him access to most all the shenanigans that he could pull off. Expanding to 100 points (not using the PA), and dropping the EliminationServitors:

Synth
14 Cipher
13 Assimilator
14 Monitor
5 Diffuser
8 Tesselator
6 Corollary
12 Asphyxious the Sanctified & Orbs
4 Galvanizer (moved from Synth’s battlegroup)
4 Galvanizer
3 Optifex Directive
2 ADO
2 ADO
13 TEP

Lots of firepower, a decent level of repair, and with 2 orbs and 2 lights, Gaspy can spread the Dark Shroud around.