Monstrosity's, interaction with effects such as "critical amputation"

I have a question for monstrosity’s. Because the “Ravener” from orgoth made me realize something. They are their own type and are neither Warjack nor Warbiest. Passive’s like “jackhunter” are obviously designed to work only on warjacks and a monstrosity is not a warjack, but what about things such as:
-Critical Amputation
-Razor wind
-Marksman
-Focused Strike
all those have an effect on Warjacks and Warbiest but not Monstrosity’s. It feels like they should work also on them, so my question is: Is this so indended or is this an oversight?

1 Like

Historically, those effects have all been said to intentionally not affect monstrosities.

Monstrosities were added to the game in 2014, and Crit Amputation and the other listed rules (albeit under different names) have existed — without affecting monstrosities — for that duration.

I am not an Infernal or developer, but I can only assume this is an intentional interaction at this point. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Possibly a holdover from earlyer edditions since well there were only 3 monstrosities on the game, other weird stuff is that sunhammer does not effect them either, so it may be intentional

1 Like

I agree with Michael and Gabriel, if this was unintentional they’ve had many years and multiple edition changes to address it. Given the disadvantages monstrosities have over warjacks (no Power Up, can’t use ‘warjack’ buffs, effected by anti-living rules) it’s a fair enough trade IMO.

that may have been the case for being to fringe and not warranting a change, humans tend to be resistent to change after all, so its normal standart pratice only make changes when it is needed, or at least when it will have a noticeble impact on the overall product, and warmachine/hordes had how many models? i heard that there were more than a 1000 diferent models so 0.3% of the roster having ilogical interaction and relegated to a non-mainline “faction”, if it changes well we can thank the ravener and (in the further future)garlghast, and i still think its too early to assume it will change

1 Like