Medveditsa Crippled Head and Hand of Vengeance

This came up on Facebook, but I don’t see it posted here. If Medveditsa gains Hand of Vengeance, and subsequently gets her head system crippled, what happens?

1. Does she lose Hand of Vengeance immediately, as per the Crippled Head rules?

2. Does she retain HoV for the round because it is a granted buff?

Personally, I lean toward option 1 because HoV is an ability (advantage) granted by the head system, but I’m interested to get an Infernal ruling on this.

The name of the effect on Medveditsa is “Hand of Vengeance.” The “+2 to melee attack and melee damage rolls” is what it does, not what it is.

Per the above rule, Medveditsa loses all special rules on its head – i.e. Hand of Vengeance – when its head system is crippled.

Hand of Vengeance is the rule giving Medveditsa the +2 to melee attack and melee damage rolls. In this example, it has lost Hand of Vengeance. I see no way for a model to benefit from a special rule it has explicitly lost. :slight_smile:

This is no different from the following example:

Model A is hit by Stygian Abyss, which says, in part, “the model hit suffers Blind for one round.” The effect “Blind” does a whole bunch of stuff but the effect is named Blind, and it lasts for one round.

Model A shakes Blind, or if you prefer, we can pretend that it’s affected by something that specifically says it “loses” Blind.

Does it make any sense at all to claim that the model is no longer Blind, but still suffers -4 MAT and DEF, and cannot run/charge/slam, etc. ?

This is pretty much my logic as well. It doesn’t matter what advantage HoV confers, or when it is triggered. You lose it then the head is crippled.