Man-o-war Suppressors

Do Man-o-war Suppressors really only have one D3+1 Hailer Cannon shot or is it supposed to be 2 Hailer Cannons?

3 Likes

It is what it says on the card unless a Dev says otherwise.

1 Like

Ya it just seems odd that they’d only have one.

Probably easier than 2x ROF d2 weapons.

2 Likes

That, and I could see rof 2d3 getting a little rediculous for a single model in a 3 model unit

3 Likes

the card says “hailer cannons” so I’d guess the D3+1 covers both guns.

4 Likes

Only reason I really questioned this is because the Infantry Korp autocannon does the exact same shot while only having 1 autocannon. Only difference is 1 point of extra damage. While each of the suppressors weild 2 of them on the model. This is why it feels odd to me.

That really just comes down to balance. They may have had more shots at one point and had to be brought down to a more reasonable power level. The POW being only one higher is also just a product of the game’s abstraction the same way that in Mk3 Azreal could throw a spear at POW 17 while the Hyperion’s anti-dragon black hole gun was POW 18.

2 Likes

Damage output is not the only consideration. The Suppressors are significantly more survivable than any given Auto Cannon support weapon trooper in a WKI unit. By comparison, the Suppressors are virtually immune to blast damage (ARM 19 + 10 boxes with Resistance: Blast built in) and have some other bits and bobs built in as well.

They serve different roles. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This. Winter Korp infantry are single wound models with ARM 13, so they die pretty much anything. Suppressors are 10 wounds each with ARM 19, which requires dedicated anti-tank weaponry to take down.

Not to mention with Steady, Sturdy, Bulldoze, Unstoppable, and Dual Attack, Suppressors go where they want and smash anything in their way.

1 Like

Nah, the real question is how are you supposed to use the bulldoze rule when two/thirds of your squad teleport to move…

pip

1 Like

Bulldoze procs on the place if it’s b2b, as the place happens during a unit’s Normal Movement. The only requirements of bulldoze are to be b2b during Normal Movement, and Normal Movement is a subset of a model’s activation like the Combat Action is

5 Likes

Thank you for beating me to it! I think a lot of people haven’t carefully read Bulldoze yet this edition and thus have never noticed/thought through the “B2B” bit. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks!

I still read after determining that model movement. If you go to the normal movement description, it is advancing. It is neither “unintentional movement” as not pushed or slammed.

In MKII (and MKIII) and after you had the definition of "PLACED " in the rules, I could not find a description in MK4 rules.

But will take it as such if I play the MoWs

1 Like

Nothing about Bulldoze specifies Advancing, unintentional movement, or anything like that. It just says “When this model is B2B with an enemy model during Normal Movement”. The Normal Movement of units is that one model Advances and the rest of the unit is simultaneously placed within 2" of that model; the placement of the rest of the unit is still part of Normal Movement.

1 Like

All I know is it should have more bullets. Suppression tankers got 2D3 shots and volley fire!

They were feared!

1 Like

Between you and me, I was waiting for somebody to try to argue the models are placed after Normal Movement ends, and I was looking forward to explanations of how that could possibly work. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The Suppression Tankers also had to deal with 4x the number of enemy models across the table, which is no longer the case. :slightly_smiling_face:

Supression tankers are also solos that get 2D3 shots at RAT 6 RNG 10 POW 10, vs MoW Supressors that are RAT 5 RNG 10 ROF d3+1 POW 12.

2 Tankers for 10 points averages 8 POW 10 shots, 1 unit of MoW Supressors averages 9 POW 12 shots (and can never roll fewer than 6 shots). Their total output per point is actually pretty similar between the two models.

1 Like

Think the issue is also suppressors are RAT 5. Even with Volley fire you get up to RAT 7, but you’re never shooting warrior models on a large base. With average dice you’re missing every DEF 13 small base on average.

Tankers were RAT 6+D6 against warriors, so you were RAT 6-12 which means you hit those warrior models no matter what size they were.

1 Like