Khador's army starter options against Cygnar

I also disagree. I actually want 4 of this unit. Their sprays are better than you would expect, they power up jacks, and I would take two units of these vs 1 unit of Winter Korps any day of the week.

With Baranova they also often roll three dice for attacks and drop the lowest. One of the few units in this army that can trade up points wise.

I get they are not as sexy as say the Cygnar Mechanics, nor are they super durable. However you can look at it like this. For 8 points would you rather have a unit that can, split up (because they are two units) add 6 focus or shoot 6 sprays per turn, or a unit of winter Korps that can shoot 7-11 range 10 shots per turn.

2 Likes

Exactly this!

“Cygnar can fully load up their two warjacks each turn” – yawn, this is nothing new. They’ve been doing that for ages. :slight_smile:

But Khador? Holy crap!

There’s a very good reason the game saw a huge surge in multi-warjack Khador lists at the outset of MK III, and that’s because Power Up, for the first time ever, put Khador players on even remotely even footing with the other factions!

Sure, the fad died down after a while, but man oh man, actually being able to semi-competently field warjacks in a game that’s 50% about warjacks was amazing!

2 Likes

For fighting the AAT 5 sprays do not work out well for me. I prefer WKI.

I’ve taken 2 units of empower things with Ekat at 75 and I think it’s too many. At 100 2 might be back. With Boris, I think at 75 1 unit for empower bot is all you want. And you do want them. But other factions get better toys imo.

2 units of WKI on the other hand bring a lot more options. 6 guys at the same cost. No sprays, but grenades or volume fire option at rat6 with the option to aim sometimes, works out better for me.

To be fair, the last time I looked carefully, these guys were AAT 6 or AAT 7, so I guess something changed without me realizing it! :slight_smile:

(I wonder if that’s a typo…)

No, I think they’ve been AAT5 all along. I remember being a tad disappointed with that after being spoiled with MA7 Greylords since Mk1.

1 Like

Comments from a Relative Newb:

I’ve always found that Khador infantry are meant to be expendable. I’ve had good luck in the past when I am bold, push them forward, and get what kills I can from them before they ultimately eat it. When the second wave of units/jacks hit the enemy, they play clean up on models that had to take less favorable positions to deal with the human shield.

Pinch of salt - I haven’t tried this with my MKIV WK starter set. My hope is that it’ll function largely the same, with the jacks, having good anti-armor and anti-infantry options available to them, leading that second wave.

2 Likes