Freedom fighters from a galaxy far, far away

I just finished painting a skirmish force of Marcher Worlds. The camera can be kinda merciless with models that are supposed to be seen from three feet away. But they’re meant for the tabletop, not for a painting competition, so they’re fine for what they’re meant to do.

First off, the hero of the story:

Quartermaster “Red” Stuart MacBride, represented on the table by Warchief Malek Sezzar. The model is perfect for the original character I created. (Well, almost. I originally described him as having a ponytail.)

Other solos:

Nastassja Burakovski the Coalition Weaver.

Duncan Ford the chief mechanic. That piece of equipment in his left hand is definitely a spray weapon that does fire damage. You know how it works, yes?

Hank Flynn the Hunter.

9 Likes

Ballast, a Duskwolf-chassis warjack with a Scout cortex.

Ironprow, a Duskwolf with a Fighter cortex.

3 Likes

Ranger Fire Team

Ranger Heavy Support

Ranger Infiltrators.

Th-th-th-that’s all, folks! (For now.)

9 Likes

Top points for the cup of java.

2 Likes

Beautiful painted models - I really like the colours!
Good and interesting choice to paint the jack weapons in the leather tone.
The dark surfaces really sell the glow effects.
Thanks for sharing.

I only realized this after painting several models - but the choice of colors (muted green and orange, with yellow accents) is pretty close to the official color scheme of my first miniature army ever - Warhammer 40,000 Squats from the late 1980s and early 1990s. I guess my first love influenced my subconscious here, because out of all Warcaster armies, the Marchers’ color scheme was the hardest to come by. I made some early attempts with blacks and greys, even pink, but they never felt like they worked well on both warriors and warjacks.

But I’m really happy with the one I ended up with.

1 Like

Nice striking contrast between the realistic subdued camo paint scheme and the bright mechanika glow. Those are really going to pop on the tabletop!