Filling in a gap on a base

Hey,

I am just looking for different ways to fill in the gaps on the base.

I have been using plastic sprues from other games. Realized I used my last one up othe other day.

Thanks for any help

What I’ve generally done is cut a little strip of paper (usually from the blister insert if one is available) and glue that down over whatever gap is visible from the top of the base, then cover it in flock or other basing material. I don’t bother filling the whole gap.

3 Likes

I have been cutting a small piece of Scotch tape and applying it on the model side of the base. It works great.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been using blue painter’s tape.

2 Likes

The new resin models sit very well on top of full resin toppers for bases. I’ve been using them for my khador.

1 Like

I take a small paper towel, wet it with some white PVA glue, and basically slot it into the gap within the base. You can use another tool to pack it down. But tape or paper works just as well!

1 Like

I usually cut a match to size and put it in from the bottom or just cover it with tape from the top.

1 Like

Typically I use green stuff (apoxy putty) to fill my gaps. Sometimes I use leftover pewter feet tabs to fill the gaps (where applicable) to reduce the amount of green stuff I need to use; it also adds more weight on the bottom of the model, which never hurts with physical balance on the table.

I have also used hot glue to fill gaps, but that was not as satisfactory as typically left bumps on the surface.

2 Likes

I use green stuff myself That said, for my Orgoth I’ve been using base toppers will eliminate the need for that.

1 Like

These are some good ideas. Thank you for the response.

I use Milliput (similar to Green Stuff but cheaper).