Eldritch Elf Feeding?

In Dead on Arrival, there’s hints of Hellyth’s shame about eldritch feeding practices, and some teaser blogposts mention the eldritch feeding upon soulless. Is there any existing lore about what the feeding of an eldritch looks like, especially its physical effect upon the soulless? I assume they don’t have biting fangs like Hollywood vampires.
Why I’m asking: I’m working up color schemes and plans for a Dusk army, and it might be interesting to show a few soulless that had been fed from, whatever that looks like.

1 Like

Yes, there is existing lore! Check out the compendium on dusk. It’s a very long, yet worthwhile read!

Tldr is they can feed just through physical contact, and they usually feed off the soulless (they consume life force, not souls)

1 Like

They kinda keep the soulless like cattle but try not to overfeed.

And they don’t need to kill whoever they’re feeding from, so a “fed on” soulless look totally makes sense. Maybe they’d be especially gaunt.

From the Monsternomicon.

“Becoming an eldritch requires a complete obsession with one’s continued existence, which the creatures are loath to imperil. Still, even these damned souls must occasionally emerge from their lairs, for in death they are motivated by an unnatural hunger. To maintain its existence, an eldritch must feed, which it does by siphoning the life essence of an intelligent living creature. The touch of an eldritch drains away the life of its prey, nourishing the eldritch and keeping its predatory instincts at their peak.”

Dread Touch. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 22 (4d10) necrotic damage. The target’s hit point maximum is reduced by an amount equal to the damage taken, and the eldritch regains hit points equal to that amount. The reduction lasts until the target finishes a long rest. The target dies if this effect reduces its hit point maximum to 0. Create Sythyss. The eldritch targets an Iosan or Nyss within 10 feet of it that died from its Dread Touch attack less than 1 hour ago. The target rises as a sythyss under the eldritch’s control. The eldritch can have no more than five sythyss under its control at one time.