Download Incineration Superhighway Map from SmashU!

The download for the fan-made map Incineration Superhighway by Tekkactus is available from SmashU. You can get the printable version by clicking here, and it is also now in the Tabletop Simulator mod.

You can find the original April Fool’s article on the website by clicking here. While this is not an official map, it does have input from the actual MonPoc playtesters.

3 Likes

Wow neat, I bet the guy who designed this is incredibly talented and handsome.

2 Likes

There is a non-zero chance that I commissioned a custom game mat from Inked Gaming maybe possibly.

3 Likes

That’s awesome! Please post some pictures of it when you get it in!

omg if you post pics when it comes in it will make my entire week

1 Like

I don’t know what their turnaround time is, but I’ll be sure to post some pictures when it arrives.

1 Like

So I popped open the .pdf in Affinity Photo and removed the rules text, since I figured, I know what the rules are and if I forget I have the original .pdf on my phone.
Inked Gaming offers mats in specific sizes, so I went for a 36"x36". I just filled the background of the template with a random color from the mat. Their process involves some shrinking / trimming of a 37"x37" image, if I’d been thinking about it I’d have scaled the Incineration Superhighway up a half-inch or so. The shrinking has left the spaces slightly smaller than they ought to be, but I don’t think it’ll make a difference in gameplay. Bases overlap the edges by like, some millimeters, but it’s still quite clear which space(s) everything is meant to be on.
The grid lines look okay with my camera’s flash blasting them, but in the (not ideal) lighting of my living room they’re on the dark side. Again, probably not enough to be a problem. If your game table isn’t somewhere built by people with an irrational hatred for ceiling fixtures you won’t have a problem.
If I had the time and money I’d build faction-pure GUARD and Übercorp lists in TRON-inspired colors just to play on this mat.

2 Likes

This is amazing! Thank you for sharing.

That’s awesome!!! How did the map play? Did you and your opponent get a lot of use out of the teleporters? I need deets.

It was a solo game, to get the hang of it. I used the teleporters a bit, (most notably sending the Shinobot Gunner to blow up a clump of units) but I’m sure I underutilized them. Going in I was thinking of just disrupting power bases, but late game I blundered nose-first into the realization that they’re extremely useful for screening. Strike Fighters + Teleporters made it a real hassle for the Destroyers to line up power attacks.
In the end, Rastaban was the only monster standing, and he only had 1 Health left. I want to really dig in to this map’s potential shenanigans. I feel like the Teleporters could enable some surprise monster damage from an MR-Tank, and for some irrational reason I kept my Draken Berserker on a Power Zone the whole game instead of sending him straight into the Destroyer power base.
On the Destroyer side, the Teleporters could have enabled some pretty aggro moves with the Harvester and the Carnitrons. Also (not specific to this map) bringing a UCI building, Statue of Liberty, and a bunch of buildings with Actions can enable all kinds of nonsense if you’ve got Power Dice to burn. Starting your second unit turn by popping Raze twice and still having Power Dice left over is a heck of a power move.

Edit: You can put Speed Boosters adjacent to Teleporters. No one can stop you.

2 Likes