Defenses & tournament play - are they locked in the list?

It is not clearly stated if chosen Defenses are locked during list-building and do not change during tournament play or Defenses options could be set before each game like spells rack. Can we get some clarification on that topic?

4 Likes

I believe that they are set when the defense card is selected, but unfortunately don’t have a rules quote to support it.

That is how the app works, but the card text in no way claim you have to chose until you actually place them. It’s confusing.

It would be great if PP can answer this topic, as it is not clear as written.

As it is not stated otherwise, I understand you can select concrete defenses on each game. But just as a personal opinion, selecting defenses on the list creation would help balance and avoid some negative playing experiences as a result of the spam. But personal opinions do not matter. Rules do!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Reading the Defenses card indicates to me that you choose what defenses you have when the card is played, so you get to select before each game. It’s not crystal clear though.

1 Like

You select during list creation

5 Likes

According to…?
If you don’t work for PP and you’re asserting a ruling, please cite your source.

1 Like

I’m one of the infernals. They still are yet to transfer over our administration abilities to this site

4 Likes

Ah, OK. Thanks.
Might help keep things clear if Infernal_ was in your username, or avatar, or something, so folks would know you spoke with authority.

1 Like

Does the same apply to spell rack spells? At least Steamroller document says so.

Spell rack spells are chosen after list selection but before deployment so you can change between games at a tournament. That was clarified on the rules forum before it was taken down

Godoftheds is correct

2 Likes