Amon Ad-Raza with substitute chain

I got an Amon model but the chain broke almost immediately, before I even got it primed. I had some copper wire laying about, so I braided it with seed beads and wrapped it around him. Haven’t had a chance to use him (no rules for him yet in Mk4) but he’s a spectacular proxy for a Vassal Mechanic or Vassal of Menoth.

7 Likes

That is some crazy bling, I am digging it!

1 Like

It has its downsides. It has to be done after seal-coating, because seal-coat tends to stick between the strands. This wire, I harvested from an electric motor and has been pretty brittle. I found some thicker wire for a Crusader/Templar/Reckoner, but it’s too thick and hard to work, so I need to find a balance.

I’m not 100% sure what other sites are okay to link to, so I’ll explain in text.

Rob Hawkins describes a good technique on his blog, titled Rob Hawkins’ Hobby Blog. Search for the article titled " Converting Plague Censor Bearers, Part 1" and you’ll see a solid way to replace this sort of chain. :slight_smile:

Oh yes, that looks more sturdy than what I used or the thick-wire I’m trying. Thanks!

Happy to help! It’s an old trick, but a good one! :slight_smile:

(And Rob Hawkins is very good at writing tutorials!)

1 Like